Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

DIRECTV Equipment

DIRECTV Equipment

Get help with your DVR, receiver and satellite equipment.

(116886)
W
Equipment upgrade

Since upgrading to new cable boxes I can no longer access live tv/ local tv networks through their apps. It says those channels aren’t included in my subscription but they are. I’ve reset/ reregistered my account and devices and still no luck. Hoping someone here can assist because DirecTV tech supp

Question

Replace or change?

I've had the same HR54-500 for several years. It seems lately that it is slow at times responding to the remote control. The batteries are fine. I just learned there is a newer HR17 (?) model. Should I ask for a replacement HR54 or change to an HR17? I use the box with only one tv. What would b

Question

Receiver HR54-700

Is there a newer receiver as this was mfg in 2016 ?

Question

Connecting Soundbar using ARC

I just bought a soundbar that uses an ARC connection. When I started connecting it, I found that DirecTv is already connected through the ARC outlet. Does DirecTV need the ARC connection? If not, how do I change the DIRECTV connection, so I can use the ARC connection for my new sound bar?

Question

Closed

Cannot delete recording of program

Is anyone having a problem deleting any of the recorded programs, also if you watch halfway of a recorded tv program and want to delete it,  can you?  My delete button is just not working.

Question

Genie 2 user experience

We have a HR54 Genie and four C41 clients. The commands such as fast forward, rewind, etc, are very responsive on the main HR54 DVR, but on the C41 clients it is a bit slower.  If we upgrade to a Genie 2 system every TV will be a "remote" so I'm wondering if every TV will be a bit slower at re

Question

Hooking up a second tv?

I recently had direct tv installed a month ago and a week ago I had geni 4k installed the installer told me not to use the remote for the first box anymore can I hook up a second tv to the original box?

Question

RC73 remote will not turn tv on or off

My RC73 remote functions work to change channels, volume and guide. But I cannot turn my Vizio tv on or off. What should I do? 

Question

multiple box usage

Why do you get 20 streams for free on the streaming side yet we get charged for every box on the equipment side even when we actually own the boxes? For me its even worse since I have it written into the contract I dont pay for extra boxes  but when ATT bought in they dont have a way to do tha

Question

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Closed

Can't download dvr to ipad or iphone

I turned the auto prepare on and I still will not prepare it to download.  I waited 24 hrs and it’s still says preparing download.  What I’m I doing wrong?

Question

NEED HELP?

Pinned Posts

Accepted Solutions

View More

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.