Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

DIRECTV Equipment

DIRECTV Equipment

Get help with your DVR, receiver and satellite equipment.

(116968)
Directv equipment return when closing account

I called Directv a few minutes ago and was speaking to a person in their loyalty department regarding cancelling my service. I inquired about what happens to the equipment once I cancel my service and will someone from directv take down the satellite dish they put up.  I wanted to get this inf

Question

Will I have to return my equipment when I cancel DirecTV?

I have a dish and 2 Light Boxes (not genie) that I got just a little over a year ago, after exchanging my old Hughes boxes (which were better than what I have now, the software stinks). Will I have to return the boxes and equipment including the dish?  Thanks in advance for  your help.&nb

Question

Questions about DTV Equipment

Hoping someone can advise me! I finally canceled DTV this month after several years of being a loyal customer. DTV is requesting I return only one receiver but I have a wireless bridge, at least one genie mini, and multiple wireless they aren’t directing me to return. I believe I owned some of the e

Question

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

4k wireless available?

Currently have hr54-200 main and two c41w-500 wireless genies. Is there an upgrade to my wireless minis for 4k? I was told xfinity does and weighing choices. I have been with dtv since 2010 but bill is getting higher then xfinity by around $100 monthly.

Question

Gemini mini

There is a new "mini" type box on the Directv Website called a Gemini. Seems, hardware wise, to be identical to the Directv Osprey Stream Box.   Does Directv Satellite charge $7 per month as an additional receiver fee for the Gemini?  What does the UI look like compared to when used with

Question

Closed

Receiver HR54-700

Is there a newer receiver as this was mfg in 2016 ?

Question

Closed

Youtube

Is there a specific box you need to get on youtube?

Question

Question about returning equipment.

I was sent a box by Direct tv. Never opened it. I’ve had this box for a year or two since the you know what happened, and wanted to ship my stuff back. Does anyone know if there’s a return label inside? Can I take it to my local post office, and ship it out from there once I try and figure out what’

Question

Accepted Solution

Dropping DirectTV and returning equipment

Will TV still work for Prime Video or HBO?

Question

Receiving return kits

I have asked for a return kit from direct TV 5 different times going on a 6th. they say they have ordered the kit and I should have received it 3 to 5 days later. Still no kit to return equipment. I have made every effort to return equipment that they have now reported to collection agency and is no

Question

NEED HELP?

Pinned Posts

Accepted Solutions

View More

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.