Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

DIRECTV Equipment

DIRECTV Equipment

Get help with your DVR, receiver and satellite equipment.

(30986)
"Get your best picture. Let's check......" message

Is anyone else getting the "Get your best picture. Let's check to make sure you're seeing the highest-quality image and clearest resolution your TV supports" message appearing periodically on the screen? It's annoying!  I have no reason to mess with the resolution.  I have the HR44/200 re

Question

Huge archive of collect Directv Recordings

Does anyone have any archives of Directv Recordings?

Question

Gemini Receivers Showing Not Connected to my WFI — result code 392

I have a HS-17 DVR with 4 Gemini receivers with each saying that the Wi-Fi is not connected to my WIFi. I tried practically everything.  Rebooting my router, resetting my Directv equipment …. All trouble shooting instructions, etc., to no avail.  I still can stream all of the apps with no

Question

Sound cutting out with Gemini

After install my sound kept cutting off for a few seconds at different times on both of my Gemini boxes (Garage and Den). Directv sent out a tech who replaced the installation cables. Sound got worse. They issued me a new Set top box, didn't resolve the issue. I disconnected my surround sound and i

Question

box will not show a green light

i have 3 remote boxes with the main dvr in another room. The box in question will not reset and will not show a green light only yellow on the front.  i have reset it, removed power and it will not work.  All others are fine.  How do I get a new box

Question

Switching channels

I've noticed very recently that when I press the previous channel button it takes a very long time to switch. It never took so long before. I tried resetting the receiver but that didn't seem to help. Any ideas? Frank

Question

LG TV not recognizing the HR54-500 dvr

I have a new LG 86UQ7070ZUD smart TV. I've connected it to the Direct TV HR54-500 DVR and it is not seeing the input. The HDMI cable is connected to the DVR and the HDMI arc connection (HDMI 2 input). Why doesn't the connection work? What can be done to see the DVR on the TV.

Question

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

HR54 Genie eSATA Port

Looking at the specs and photos of the HR54 Genie, I see an eSATA port. Can I connect an external hard drive to that for extra storage? I know I can get double the capacity with the HS17 Genie 2, but I would rather have the newer model. Thank you.

Question

DirectTV in Nursing Home

Does anyone know about an extremely limited cable tv services that is offer to nursing homes in the Oklahoma City area? I need to speak to the company that installed the service to my mom's room.  There is not cable box - everything is run through coax lines to each room.  Only 40 or so s

Question

Watch DIRECTV Satellite on Apple TV

Hello, is it possible for me to login to my Apple TV 4k and watch my DIRECTV Satellite programing? I swore I saw somewhere that now Directv Satellite has the ability to do that. When I log into the Directv App on my Apple TV or my phone I get the message saying "this channel isn't included with your

Question

NEED HELP?

Pinned Posts

Accepted Solutions

View More

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.