Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

T

• 

7 Messages

Friday, December 2nd, 2022 3:19 PM

Credit Card transaction won't go through

I'm trying to update my card to a new card and my DirecTV stream account will not take any of my new credit cards.  I get an error when I try to process / add new card.  Since this problem - my account ran out of my old card billing and I now cannot get DirecTV stream at all.  I have called numerous times and also have tried the support/chat and they keep telling me this is a problem with my credit cards/banks.  I have called my bank and credit card and they say there's no problem with the card and that DirecTV is "cancelling" the transaction after it happens.  I can see the charge on my statement and the subsequent refund immediately.  This is happening with multiple credit cards of mine, of which I use all the time with no problems from other merchants.  There's got to be some glitch/bug in the system for DirecTV Stream billing and they are not competent enough as a company to know how to fix or even know the problem is on their end.  Has anyone else seen this issue?

ACE - Expert

• 

5.5K Messages

2 years ago

Many have reported issues with updating credit card information. Not seen any solution. You can try searching in the forum for any updates. I have found that it's better to use PayPal for payment. That is what I use.

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

I don't see an option for Paypal.  Only credit card.

ACE - Expert

• 

5.5K Messages

2 years ago

It's on my payment method below the CC info.

ACE - Expert

• 

5.5K Messages

2 years ago

Support FAQ sheet on payments is located here

Example:

(edited)

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

I don't have an option for PayPal

ACE - New Member

• 

3.1K Messages

2 years ago

I thought you said you needed to "update" your payment method? Looks like from that screenshot you are trying to sign up--b/c it says "complete order" at the bottom of the screenshot. Paypal isn't an option when you sign up. You can change to Paypal after you are subscribed.

(edited)

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

Updating was an option at first but now that my service has been suspended they're treating me as I'm signing up new.

ACE - New Member

• 

3.1K Messages

2 years ago

@teadirect Ok, well you never said you have to start from scratch. That's why the paypal suggestion was made b/c we thought you were trying to update your payment method. 

When you try to sign up again, are you using a new email address. I'd try using chrome browser in incognito mode also.

(edited)

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.