Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

D

• 

6 Messages

Thursday, February 3rd, 2022 8:59 PM

I have both DIRECTV Satellite & Stream and cannot log into DirecTV Stream on my smart TV or ROKU

I currently have both DIRECTV Satellite and DirecTV Stream. Both service show up with the same account login. I have called support multiple times and the problem is still not resolved. I need to setup a separate UserID for my DirecTV Stream account. Cancelling my satellite service before getting my DIRECTV Stream login working on other devices is not an option.  I want to have working Streaming Service before cancelling Satellite Service.   After not being able to login on a Samsung Smart TV I bought a ROKU. The ROKU flagged that I have DIRECTV Satellite and need to sign up for Streaming. This is why I know the need to have a separate userID for DIRECTV Stream. Anyone on here know how to create a new UserID for Streaming, without cancelling the service and signing back up?

Bonus - When I click Profile within my AT&T account, select DirecTV Streaming and click Start Watching; I am automatically logged out and cannot log back in, until I open a new window.

Accepted Solution

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

I disabled auto-sign from my AT&T account. Changed my UserID to another email account. One that had not been previously used. I could STILL not log in. The issue happened when I linked my DirecTV Stream account to my other AT&T accounts. Warning - DO NOT LINK YOUR AT&T ACCOUNTS IF YOU HAVE BOTH DIRECTV STREAM AND DIRECTV CHOICE (SATILLITE) .  Final solution was to cancel my Streaming service, return the device and sign up for another account, using a different email account that had not been previously used for either account.

ACE - New Member

• 

3.1K Messages

2 years ago

You need different emails/user id's for each account. You can change it in account settings on the Dtv Stream website---under profile.

(edited)

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

I can change the email associated with both accounts but not the UserID. I tried this also thinking it might help but no dice.

ACE - New Member

• 

3.1K Messages

2 years ago

User ID is under account settings---profile. Below "my info"

(edited)

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

I was able to change my UserID. Thank you. Unfortunately the new ID is also linked to all the other AT&T packages I have, including satellite. I log into DirecTV stream, clink on start watching now and am immediately logged out. I need a way to separate these accounts. When I click on linked accounts under my Profile, the only account I can unlink is my wireless. There is no option to unlink my satellite and streaming accounts.

ACE - New Member

• 

3.1K Messages

2 years ago

I think you are just going to have to cancel the new Dtv Stream account you setup. Then when you decide to re-sign up---use google chrome incognito window tab to do it. Dtv Stream website places cookies on the browser and it will know u are already signed up before. Also use a new email.

(edited)

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

I think you are correct. I'll follow-up and let you know. Problem is I think they will want me to pay 100% for the DirecTV Stream device they provided before I can cancel. Hopefully I can resolve with a phone call to AT&T. 

ACE - New Member

• 

3.1K Messages

2 years ago

You can use that with a new account. U just have to make sure to disable "auto sign in" under the account settings--manage streaming devices. Then you can use that Dtv stream box to log in to your new account.

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

Since my UserID won’t allow sign in on the streaming device, my device is in an endless loop of trying to auto-sign in because auto-sign in is already enabled and I cannot get out to a setup screen to disable. I have pressed the reset button but haven’t read through the steps required to reset, i.e. hold for 5 sec, etc. nothing reset and I have the same endless loop problem. I’ll research properly resetting the device. 

• 

38 Messages

2 years ago

Go into your account online directv.com and disable auto sign in. I had that same issue then manage your account and make sure both accounts have  user id's that have never been used before. Contact emails can stay the same but change the user id's which I think you did. But then you should be able to sign in.

ACE - New Member

• 

3.1K Messages

2 years ago

I already told @dlamareo to disable auto sign in. Even told them where to do it but my suggestion was ignored. 

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.