Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

M

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Aug 9, 2022 6:59 PM

Looking to go from Uverse to Directv Stream

I currently have Uverse but looking to go with Directv Stream.   I want to try it out first before I turn in my Uverse equipment.  Can I run both services in my home for a month just to try directv steam out prior to committing to it?

detuch254

ACE - New Member

• 

2.1K Messages

2 m مضت

Yes, just be sure to use a different email, password, and name when signing up for DIRECTV STREAM. You then would use a streaming device like a Roku, Fire Stick, or Apple TV and install the DIRECTV STREAM application to start watching. If you do plan on getting the DIRECTV STREAM Osprey Box from their website, I feel it is worth the purchase. Speeds are much faster than any other streaming device and the remote is very handy.

As a note, there is no such thing as going (migrating) from U-verse to DIRECTV STREAM. They are now two separate services being that TPG owns 30% and AT&T owns 70%. You’ll just need to cancel U-verse when the time comes. Don’t mention anything about switching to DIRECTV STREAM as that makes confusion

(edited)

• 

2 Messages

2 m مضت

Do you think Directv Streams box is better than using an Apple TV box?

detuch254

ACE - New Member

• 

2.1K Messages

2 m مضت

Yes, I personally believe that is better. However, it’s your choice as a customer to choose between the two. If you already have an Apple TV handy, it may be worth it to use that for the time being

(edited)

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

3K Messages

2 m مضت

Everyone has their opinion on the perfect device. It's really a personal choice for each. Just keep in mind that device may be used for other applications then DirecTV Stream.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

43.4K Messages

2 m مضت

We had both DirecTV Satellite and DirecTV Stream for a few months before canceling DirecTV Satellite. As long as you use a different email address for your DirecTV Stream, the two accounts won't know about each other. You'll look like a new DirecTV Stream customer. So be sure to take advantage of the free program offers that you'll see when you sign up. 

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.