Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

J

5 Messages

Saturday, April 20th, 2024 1:32 AM

Connect Gemini to AV reciever

I was on hold with Tech Support, then had to pay $8.99 to talk to advanced support only to get cut off and they had no clue. Have an NAD receiver. How to I connect? With the Satellite system you go from receiver to box to TV. The Gemini goes directly into HDMI1. Please help!!

ACE - Sage

• 

45.6K Messages

28 days ago

What sort of Audio/Video inputs does your NAD Receiver have?

5 Messages

28 days ago

Thank you for getting back to me. The NAD has HDMI, Optical and Component RCA. Just not sure where I put the Gemini dongle. If I put it in HDMI 1 on the NAD, I can hear sound but it says device not detected on the TV

ACE - Sage

• 

45.6K Messages

27 days ago

You'll need to connect the Gemini dongle to the TV. Then connect one of the TV's outputs to your NAD. What sort of outputs does your TV have?

5 Messages

25 days ago

Litzdog, sorry for the slow reply and I really appreciate your help. The TV has HDMI and RCA. I have tried a variation of connections with no success. Let me upload some pics today and maybe you could show me. Again, Much appreciated.

John

5 Messages

24 days ago

Litxdog, Here is the NAD T748 

Her

Here is the Visio E65 E1 . I have the Genie dongle in HDMI1. It plays on the TV Audio, but, what is the connection I need for the NAD to run Audio through the stereo? 

ACE - Sage

• 

45.6K Messages

24 days ago

TV's Optical Audio OUT to NAD's Optical Audio INPUT. You'll need an optical digital audio cable. 

ACE - Expert

• 

1.1K Messages

23 days ago

The receiver shows ARC on the “monitor out” HDMI and the TV shows ARC on HDMI 1 (the leftmost of the 3 in the horizontal row. So if those 2 are connected (with the Gemini plugged into another of the TV’s HDMI ins) that should (perhaps with appropriate settings on both receiver and TV) have the TV feed its audio back to the receiver. 

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.