Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

coleman19's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Wednesday, July 20th, 2022 3:04 AM

Converting from Uverse to DirecTv Stream - Ethernet Ports

I'm sure this has been asked before, but just to confirm:

Currently, with my Uverse gateway, I have most of my equipment hardwired.  For each tv, I have an ethernet cable running out of the back of the gateway to a network switch, and my Uverse DVR, TV, receiver, and blu-ray player are connected to the switch.  I'm planning on purchasing the Stream box when I switch.  I'm assuming I can simply swap the Uverse DVR and for the Stream box, correct?  Is there anything special about the configuration of the gateway itself of the ethernet jacks on the Uverse gateway that are used for the Uverse DVR that would preclude it from working with the new equipment?  I think I've already answered my question by saying that I have other equipment already plugged into the port by way of a switch, but I figured I'd ask in case there is something I haven't thought of.

Thanks.

ACE - Sage

• 

45.7K Messages

2 years ago

Nothing special. Just connect the DirecTV Stream box's Ethernet port to your home network router/switch and you should be good to go. 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

Thanks for confirming.  I didn't know if three of the ports on the back were somehow dedicated to Uverse TV leaving only one for regular ethernet connections.

1 Message

8 months ago

I have a uverse box. Switching to direct stream and don’t know what to do with the yellow cable from the router

ACE - Sage

• 

45.7K Messages

8 months ago

@DVD 

It depends on what streaming device you get. If that device has an ethernet port, then you can connect it directly to your home network using the yellow cable from the router. Otherwise you would connect to your home WiFi. 

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.