Detailed instructions on hooking up a non-smart tv to Direct TV Streaming service
I have a LG 47LS4500 TV that is not a smart tv. What exactly do I need to set this tv up to Direct TV stream? Also, I am an elder who is not up to date on 'technical language' so give it to me straight and easy to understand. Thank you.
3 months ago
Hi there! We love to have you as part of our DIRECTV STREAM family. Follow these steps to connect your device to your TV:
- Connect included HDMI cable from device to TV
- Connect power cord
- Power TV on
- Ensure proper input is selected on the TV
- Gently remove the slip from the back of the remote to place the batteries
- Turn the device on
- Begin the initial setup process on the screen
If you don't have your device with and HDMI cable for the first step:
- Plug the yellow, white, and red ends of your RCA cable into the matching A/V output ports on the back of your receiver.
- Plug the other ends of the cable into the corresponding A/V input ports on your TV.
Here you'll find more information about this initial setup https://www.directv.com/support/satellite/article/KM1010001. Let us know if further assistance is needed. Sergio, DIRECTV Community Specialist
ACE - Expert
3 months ago
You will need a supported streaming device dedicated to your TV like a Fire Stick, Roku, or Apple TV. Supported devices are listed here