Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

E

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, March 30th, 2022 12:37 AM

Direct TV Stream Device Compatibility List

I am a new customer to Direct TV Streaming. Is there a compatibility list of peripheral devices available from ATT? I have two Logitech Remote Control devices (880 and 950) for which I would like to use to turn on two different SONY TV sets using the Direct TV Streaming Devices provided. Each TV has a different Onkyo AV Receiver and separate Apple TV 4K units. In addition, the larger TV has a Surround Sound System and a Panasonic Blu-Ray Disc Player.  

ACE - Sage

• 

45.7K Messages

2 years ago

Your Logitech Harmony remotes should be able to control all of those devices. For the DirecTV Stream box, search for AT&T C71K in the Harmony App. 

ACE - New Member

• 

3.2K Messages

2 years ago

Directv remote codes will work for the Logitech---doesn't have to be C71K specific b/c I use a Dtv Satellite remote as a backup remote for my Dtv stream box (RC73)

• 

45 Messages

2 years ago

Will the new satellite Gemini Receiver work with the Harmony Elite remote?

ACE - Sage

• 

45.7K Messages

2 years ago

@john21mart 

Yes. It has the same remote codes as every other DirecTV remote. 

• 

11 Messages

1 year ago

Does the Logitech Harmony remote work on my LG TV with DirectTv Stream Cloud, no dvr boxes? I downloaded the DTV Stream Cloud app and I just need a remote that will work with the app and control all my downloaded shows, and to be able to fast-forward and rewind too. Thanks.

ACE - Expert

• 

1.1K Messages

1 year ago

There is no such thing as “DTV Stream Cloud” or a “DTV Stream Cloud app” and there is no DTV Stream DVR box.  It’s just DTV Stream, and it uses a “cloud DVR” - that just means that the DVR recording takes place within DTV’s servers, not in any device you have, and that is true no matter what device you use to access the DTV Stream service.  DTV does offer their own streaming device, but it doesn’t contain a DVR. 

There is no DTV Stream app for LG TVs, so I’m not sure what you downloaded or what you downloaded it to.  However, to use the service on a LG TV, you will need to use an external device (Roku, FireTV, etc.). (The list of supported devices is here.). Each device can access the DVR (can set programs to record, can play things back, etc.)

So the question of whether the Logitech Harmony remote will work would depend on the particular streaming device you choose to use.  Most would work fine, but some use RF signals that aren’t compatible with the Harmony.  

A second question is how well the service would work on a particular device with that remote - basically, how well would things “mesh” with the remote’s buttons. The service is basically a cable TV replacement. Most of the supported devices were not designed to target that sort of service, so their remotes don’t have numeric keypads (which you would use to enter channel numbers) or numerous other buttons that a cable remote would have. So the apps written for those devices don’t directly support those actions, and instead require you to choose channels by selecting them in the program guide, set a recording by selecting an on-screen icon, etc.  Using the Logitech remote (which has the additional buttons) wouldn’t avoid that, because the apps themselves don’t support the extra buttons. The only device supporting the DTV Stream service that does is their own device, which is a streaming device they custom designed for the service. It provides something very similar to a standard cable experience, and it can be controlled by the Harmony.  (You would lose the ability to issue voice commands.)

4 months ago

I have tried the AT&T model numbers and nothing works for my Harmony remote. Tried to get a Directv box and they don't use them anymore. Can anyone help?

ACE - Sage

• 

45.7K Messages

4 months ago

Harmony works fine with my DirecTV C71K Stream boxes using the standard DirecTV remote codes. 

ACE - Expert

• 

1.1K Messages

4 months ago

The DirecTV Stream “boxes” (Osprey/Gemini) support third-party IR remotes (including Harmony) set to DirecTV codes (that is, they support the same codes as DirecTV satellite boxes), though you lose voice control. However, the newer DirecTV dongle (Gemini Air) doesn’t support IR, just RF, and I don’t know of any compatible third-party remotes that work. You can still get (used/“refurb”, though I question the refurb part) Gemini boxes on eBay.  If you want to go that route, go with a vendor that sells a lot of them and takes returns, because there are sometimes issues (the original owner needs to “unlock” them before dumping them, and occasionally an older one can no longer be updated). 

4 months ago

Thank you for your thoughtful response. What I hear is that even if I get a box, I will have no sound control? Why am I having a problem but others seem to have no problem with the directv stream dongle? I have had a harmony remote for 20 years and have experience programming them. I have also had my IT friend help me. Very frustrating.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.