Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

T

14 Messages

Thursday, May 9th, 2024 12:07 AM

DirecTV login

I have a third television in my home and downloaded the direct TV stream app on a firestick. After logging in with the correct credentials I am prompted with a screen to choose a package from the three being offered.. Entertainment, Choice or Ultimate.. and then sign up / pay for either. 

The problem is we already have DirecTV stream subscription and am using it on one TV here in this house and one TV and another household.

We currently have a total of 2 TVs using the DirecTV Stream subscription and I am simply trying to add a 3rd TV in one of the homes. 

I am clearly signed in as the screen says "Hi, John" But the only two options presented are Try DirecTV Stream (where I'm prompted to pick a package) and Sign

Out.

ACE - Expert

• 

5.4K Messages

1 month ago

Oh, so it is working now with the new email - just no locals?

14 Messages

1 month ago

Won't let me change home location. Says existing one matches what's on file. 

14 Messages

1 month ago

Yes everything works with new email address. Just no locals on firestick. 

ACE - Expert

• 

5.4K Messages

1 month ago

The home location is only valid for devices that have location services. Fire Sticks do not use location services. For a test, connect to a phone using cellular and see if it works. If it does, that tells me your ISP has your IP address outside your home base.

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

5.4K Messages

1 month ago

Sound like your issue is the IP address from your ISP. The cell test will verify.

14 Messages

1 month ago

Rebooted both modem and router to make sure only one ip.

ACE - Expert

• 

5.4K Messages

1 month ago

You need to do the cell test. Cell phone on cellular uses the nearest cell tower. You should get locals for your area that way. That will tell use about your location with your ISP.

14 Messages

1 month ago

I have local channels with cell test. 

ACE - Expert

• 

5.4K Messages

1 month ago

That tells me that your ISP is changing your modem IP address and DirecTV thinks that you are not at your residence. Your local channel issue is with your ISP! When the service notes that you are not at your home residence you are limited to 3 streams of which only 2 can be streaming devices. The other can be a mobile device.

ACE - Expert

• 

5.4K Messages

1 month ago

Details on stream limits located here

ACE - Expert

• 

5.4K Messages

1 month ago

Watching local channels info located here

14 Messages

1 month ago

I knew of that limitation. I have same issue with other streaming tvs turned off. Still no locals on firestick tv.

ACE - Expert

• 

5.4K Messages

1 month ago

If your IP address is not located in your home base, then you will not receive the locals because you are out of your define home base.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.