Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

1garyo's profile
1garyo
#1 Star!
The 5th element!
10th stratosphere!

Contributor

• 

8 Messages

Fri, Oct 29, 2021 7:03 PM

Directv Stream wi-fi connection not working

I have 6 Directv Stream boxes. Before AT&T did the latest firmware update, I could either use wi-fi or direct ethernet for using the boxes. Now, only direct connection using ethernet is working. Anyone else out there have this same issue? I have tried multiple times to talk to AT&T technical support about this issue, and AT&T customer support, as all AT&T customers know, is not capable of solving anything. AT&T customer support is easily the worst in the industry!

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

3K Messages

1年前

Been reported many times already. Not seen a fix yet. I would contact support and report the issue to a rep.

1garyo

Contributor

• 

8 Messages

1年前

I have talked with AT&T customer service about this at least 5 times in the past 3 weeks, probably more since every time I call I get passed around in their system and have to explain the issue to multiple people. They did send a replacement receiver (which I knew would do no good). I hooked it up and connected to internet using wifi without any problem, then as soon as the replacement receiver received the firmware update, it no longer connects to wifi. States that I'm entering an incorrect password, but I'm not. It's NOT just an issue with the one receiver, it's an issue with ALL my receivers. Earlier this week the issue was supposedly escalated to tech support management, but when I called back to check on progress, no one knew what I was talking about. Come on AT&T, PLEASE get this issue fixed, and PLEASE get your customer support fixed!

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

3K Messages

1年前

I can't fix anything. Just a customer like you.

1garyo

Contributor

• 

8 Messages

1年前

I know. I'm just hoping that someone in authority with AT&T sees my post.

Ludwick577

ACE - New Member

• 

2.1K Messages

1年前

U can also contact their support on twitter and reddit.

1garyo

Contributor

• 

8 Messages

9分前

UPDATE: After over 2-months of no TV in one of our rooms, AT&T finally figured out that there was indeed an issue using wi-fi to sign into Directv Stream set-top boxes. A firmware update was done in December that fixed the problem. All it took was hours of my time on the phone with AT&T and a lot of frustration when only the 10th+ person I talked with finally acknowledged there was an issue that they were working on. Maybe 2022 is the year that AT&T finally figures out customer/technical service...but I doubt it.  

• 

1 Message

9分前

We are having the same issue. Can't sign-in on the TV/box. Can only watch via our laptop. Trying to get it sorted through the tech people is an absolute nightmare and you get passed from one person to the next for hours on end. 

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

3K Messages

9分前

We're you a previous DirecTV subscriber? Are you using the same credentials? There is a issue with new DirecTV Stream subscribers who previously were with DirecTV. Use a different email/userid. That is the support recommendation.

1garyo

Contributor

• 

8 Messages

9分前

I was a Directv customer, but converted to AT&T Stream (now Directv Stream) over a year and a half ago. Also moved from NC to FL in that time. The issue is with the firmware update they did back in Sept/Oct. The update made it impossible to use wifi to login to the set top box. In order to have the latest update download to your set top box, you will likely have to find a way to temporarily have direct connection via ethernet cable so the update processes. Once you get the December update, you should be able to login with wifi. Another option might be to do a factory reset on your set top box. You should be able to login with wifi, and when the box updates, it should be the most recent correct one. Hope this helps.

• 

1 Message

2分前

Many thanks to 1garyo for documenting this issue.  Very helpful.  I set up the Ethernet direct connection using a WI-FI extender that connects to my AT&T router (BGW210).  The streaming service started right up after I selected the Ethernet option.  After leaving the TV up running the Directv Steam for a few minutes I pulled the Ethernet connection. The streaming service ended with an error message about no Internet connection.  After going through the standard steps for network diagnostics and connecting to another network i was able to select my preferred WI-FI network and connect using the same password that was previously rejected.  Interestingly I recorded the firmware version prior to WI-FI connection and then afterwards.  They were the same. Conclusion:  there is more to it than just a firmware version but at least the streaming service is working again. Thanks again to 1garyo.

petergroft

• 

25 Messages

2分前

Check your internet or Wi-Fi® connection and test your signal strength using your remote: Press the Home button, then Settings > Help > Troubleshooting > Run Network Diagnostics. Try using an Ethernet cable to connect to your DIRECTV STREAM device instead of Wi-Fi. Check for DIRECTV STREAM device software updates.

Regards,

Peter

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.