Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

K

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, March 1st, 2022 11:18 PM

Remote does not control power of my tv

My remote will adjust the volume but will not turn on/off my Hisense TV ( it does ctrl power on the Directv box). I tried to program again but still nothing.

ACE - New Member

• 

3.2K Messages

2 years ago

In the remote control settings there is a power off devices you have to turn on....under the hdmi cec control

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Thank you for your input but I already have the ctrl device butto set to on....any other ideas,

Thank you

ACE - New Member

• 

3.2K Messages

2 years ago

Did you restart your box?

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have the same problem with my Toshiba TV

tried everything, no luck so far

ACE - New Member

• 

3.2K Messages

2 years ago

I think Toshiba tv's are now manufactured by Hisense u might try that code---but considering the OP has a Hisense not sure if it will work. 

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Did anybody ever find a fix to this issue? I paired a new genie remote and works as it should, other than turning the tv on/off. Was never an issue with the old genie remote

ACE - New Member

• 

5.2K Messages

2 years ago

@Rmooney03 this is related to DIRECTV STREAM, not DIRECTV satellite. But, thanks for your input anyway.

(edited)

ACE - New Member

• 

3.2K Messages

2 years ago

Under settings try Sharp and Toshiba. Hisense Group also manufactures those tv's. 

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I had the same issue with my Dynex tv. The Directv stream remote did not power off my tv, so I was always using 2 remotes. However, I bought the white Directv spare remote from Bestbuy and it works like a charm. It controls my tv power, streaming box, and my sound bar. It’s the only remote I need now!

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I was able to get it to work by re-pairing the remote to the tv and when it asked if it muted the tv I said no even though it did muted it.  Then the second time it muted it and it worked I said yes.  Hope this helps!

1 year ago

@TIFFYJEAN I just created a whole account to say THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH! You were so right! It felt a little silly lying to the TV, but now my Sharp TV easily turns on and off with the remote. Thank you so much bestie I was about to give up before I tried your method. 🙏 

• 

16 Messages

9 months ago

@TIFFYJEAN Your suggestion worked for me as well on two different Hisense TVs. I had to go through the process four times (I said "no" to did the TV mute three times and said "yes" the fourth time). Apparently, each time you say "no", the remote will use a different set of signals for that brand of TV. Thank you a ton.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.