Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums

Our contract with Disney has expired. We appreciate your patience while we negotiate to offer you more flexible channel lineups and all your shows and sports in one place. Please visit TVPromise.com and UnbundleDisney.com for more details.

D

3 Messages

Sunday, June 30th, 2024 4:46 PM

Sound issues while streaming.

I just changed from DirecTV Satellite to DirecTV Streaming.  I never had sound issues with Satellite, but the sound gets garbled while streaming - especially when I use the “Guide” function.  My internet is just fine — just tested with the TV on and it is running at 113.6 ms.  

What is going on?  I’m not happy with the quality of Streaming.

Thank you.

ACE - Expert

• 

5.8K Messages

2 months ago

What streaming device are you using?

3 Messages

2 months ago

I just downloaded the DirecTV app to my smart tv. 

ACE - Sage

• 

45.9K Messages

2 months ago

What brand/model "smart TV"?

Sadly, most of the apps provided by TV manufacturers are inferior to the DirecTV Stream on devices like Roku, FireStick, Apple TV, or the DirecTV Stream devices. 

ACE - New Member

• 

1.5K Messages

2 months ago

I would use an external device for streaming as mentioned above.  A lot of people have issues with using the Directv App through their Smart TV.  There are a lot of posts on here about streaming issues through Smart TV Apps.

3 Messages

2 months ago

Thank you all for your comments. I have a Samsung OLED TV. I added the Directv app to my AppleTV hub and the sound is much better. Unfortunately, navigating Directv with the Apple Remote is not very easy. 

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.