#1 Star!
Helpful 1
The 5th element!

Tutor

• 

18 Messages

Fri, Jul 22, 2022 8:48 PM

Stream remote

Is there another remote that will work with the Directv Stream ‘box’?  I hate the button layout of the standard one.

Accepted Solution

Ludwick577

ACE - New Member

• 

2.1K Messages

2分前

I use an Directv satellite RC73 as a backup. U can get them on amazon for cheap. Doesn't have a voice button, though. That is the only issue with using an alternative remote---no voice search button. When I first signed up for Dtv stream and got the remote, I hated it as well. But you get used to it. 

(edited)

detuch254

ACE - New Member

• 

2.1K Messages

2分前

You may be able to use a universal Harmony remote or similar universal remote (expensive). Other than that, I don’t think it’s possible to use a different remote than the DIRECTV STREAM one.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

43.3K Messages

2分前

You can also use DirecTV Satellite remotes with the DirecTV Stream box.

Jrandomuser

ACE - Expert

• 

525 Messages

2分前

Any remote that can generate DirecTV codes can be used.  That means actual DirecTV satellite remotes, which as noted are easily found, or almost any universal remote (including very cheap ones).  Given the range of universal remote styles available, you may be able to find one you like better than the actual DirecTV remotes.  All but the stock remote can only be used in IR mode, so they must be in clear line of sight with the device.  As noted, with anything other than the stock remote you will lose voice control (which I personally find unresponsive enough to not really be that useful).

docdata757

Tutor

• 

18 Messages

2分前

I bought the RC73 and it controls the Directv Stream box fine. However, I cannot get it to control the TV.  I have a recent model Samsung LCD.  The regular remote controls the TV correctly.  I've been thru the Settings - System - Remote option but that did not work.

Any ideas?

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.