Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

R

• 

1 Message

Tue, Jul 26, 2022 9:41 PM

Unable to use apps

I recently cancelled my subscription because the prices were just too much. After a month or so with no issues, I can no longer access the apps on my box...I sign in as usual on the welcome screen but I'm now currently caught in an endless loop of entering my user id and password...I then get the "subscribe to continue" prompt and once I hit "OK" it just takes me back to the sign-on screen. I was told by multiple retention reps that you don't need to be a subscriber to access the apps on your box. Yes the box's software is up to date, and multiple hard resets or restarts do not fix the issue

Tech support's answer is "buy a roku or firestick" WHAT?!?!?!

Anyone else having this issue? 

detuch254

ACE - New Member

• 

2.1K Messages

2 m مضت

It is indeed true. You can’t use the apps without a DIRECTV STREAM subscription. As the tech stated, you’ll need to buy a different streaming device like a Fire stick, Roku, or Apple TV. 

Ludwick577

ACE - New Member

• 

2.1K Messages

2 m مضت

People don't do their research before buying

Jrandomuser

ACE - Expert

• 

525 Messages

2 m مضت

OTOH, according to the Terms and Conditions (which is where people who actually did their research would have looked), it is as the retention reps said - you are supposed to be able to do this.  Per the T&C (here) section 3:

3. Use of Device. Your access to and use of the Device requires You maintaining an active DIRECTV STREAM account. You may access the Device by entering the user ID and password associated with your DIRECTV STREAM Service. If you cancel your subscription to the DIRECTV STREAM Service, you may continue accessing the Device without an active DIRECTV STREAM account using the same or other valid DIRECTV STREAM user ID and password.

The last sentence clearly says you are supposed to be able to continue using the device.  (The first sentence indicates otherwise, but if that was the case, there would be no reason for the last sentence.  It appears the combo is supposed to mean that you can't use the device without having had a DTV Stream first.  So no just buying one on eBay and using it without having a subscription - not that you would, since it is expensive and not that great a streamer if you don't have DTVS.) 

This isn't to say that this actually works, just that they said it should, and I believe they can and should be held to it, as that was the conditions under which people bought the device.  I've never tried it personally, since I still have a subscription, but this is not the first time the issue has been brought up recently, so I'll see if I can escalate the question.

• 

10 Messages

2 m مضت

Try these tips:
Check for app updates in your app store. If an update is available, install it and restart your device.
Check for device software updates and install.
Close and restart the DIRECTV app.
Reboot your phone or tablet.
Uninstall and reinstall the DIRECTV app.
Re-launch the DIRECTV app and try again.

This may help you,

Rachel Gomez

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

3K Messages

2 m مضت

@rachelgomez_123 Your response has nothing to do with the post, just like in several other posts. Are you just trolling?

Ludwick577

ACE - New Member

• 

2.1K Messages

2 m مضت

@rachelgomez_123 comments are very similar to @petergroft Same pattern as well just posting comments on every single thread--even ones with no replies for weeks. And most of the comments have nothing to do with the topic. Troll

(edited)

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.