Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

Z

• 

1 Message

Sun, Nov 21, 2021 7:44 PM

App is constantly buffering

The app seems to be constantly buffering during programs.  I'm trying to watch the Dolphins game on CBS, and the app is buffering.  When it returns, the program is in Spanish.  This happened last night while watching the Heat on a different channel.  It buffers during other programs.  It is very annoying.  We are constantly going to the Guide Menu and going back to the channel.  

Ludwick577

ACE - New Member

• 

2.1K Messages

8 m مضت

@bcwood34   Which device?

• 

8 Messages

8 m مضت

The buffering is on my Samsung TV (series 7).  Have done everything but put an ether (RJ45) cable to it - due to upstairs / downstairs location of router, this won't be happening.  Called DirectTV Stream support - they said they are working on a fix (no kidding?) and then nothing back on work order #

Ludwick577

ACE - New Member

• 

2.1K Messages

8 m مضت

This is a known issue for quite some time and there are many many threads on the Samsung app. Try a firestick, roku, apple tv, or dtv stream box.

• 

8 Messages

8 m مضت

Was told by our Direct TV that they were working on this.....yeah, not so much.  probably going to another streaming service - didn't have the issue previously.

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

3K Messages

8 m مضت

They have been saying that for years about the Samsung app. It's never been adequate and has always been inferior. 

• 

4 Messages

8 m مضت

@Ludwick577 Samsung series 7 

• 

4 Messages

8 m مضت

So basically, if I want to keep DirectTv Stream with my Samsung TV, I need to spend more money by renting the dtv stream box or buying a fire stick/Apple TV device.....Or I can switch back to Youtube TV which was working fine?

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

3K Messages

8 m مضت

Your choice. $30-40 investment and enjoy the service. If YouTube TV has what you want/need go for it.

(edited)

• 

4 Messages

8 m مضت

@bcbsncjlj One last question and sorry if this was answered and I missed it...

Would the issue be resolved if I connected via ethernet cable?

• 

170 Messages

8 m مضت

DirecTV needs to step up and correct the issues because we and they all know it's totally their problem.

And to enlighten other readers: It's more than the Samsung App that are having issues.

Samsung, from the 2017 models, is an approved device and has been for years. Paying a premium price for a service that promises problem free streaming delivery is a breach of their own user agreement.

• 

1 Message

8 m مضت

Same issue but it normally happens with direct stream TV.

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

3K Messages

8 m مضت

@Pspideronthewall Get a external streaming device. There is no fix.

• 

5 Messages

8 m مضت

I have Directv steam with a firestick and 500 mbs internet up/down.  Not a Samsung TV.  Stream is garbage and constantly buffering.  I suffer through it because I love Bally Sports.  Fix your tech Directv!

Hulu and YTTV both are superior and never had issues like this, but unfortunately no longer carry Bally Sports.

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

3K Messages

8 m مضت

@bwills21 I have Fire Sticks and have no buffering. What makes you think that the issue the app? All Fire Stick users use the same app. If the app was the issue then everyone would be complaining about buffering - but that is not the case. Obviously you are having issues and I suggest you evaluate your particular environment to determine your root cause. having a 500 up and down internet is overkill unless you are gaming. Everyone's setup in totally different from data content delivery, ISP's, routers, modems, WiFi's, Ethernet, and who knows what else.

• 

5 Messages

8 m مضت

@bcbsncjlj Why do I think the issue is the app?  Because it’s the only app on multiple firesticks that has an issue.  Literally every other app works fine with no problems.  Combine that with literally hundreds of posts on this and other forums having the same problem.  So yeah, I think DTV has an issue with their app.   Congratulations on getting yours to work successfully; you appear to be in the minority.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.