Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

E

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, June 1st, 2023 2:28 PM

Buying PPV Events

I subscribed to DTV Stream BYOD and can't find a way to order PPV events. Is there a way to order PPV without having to pay the ARS fee?

ACE - New Member

• 

5.1K Messages

1 year ago

DIRECTV STREAM does not currently offer PPV. As of right now, satellite only has it. 

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

Thank you for your response.

Will I be able to order PPV if I buy a genie?

ACE - Expert

• 

5.4K Messages

1 year ago

As was stated, DirecTV Stream (the service) does not offer PPV! DirecTV satellite (the service) does!

ACE - New Member

• 

5.1K Messages

1 year ago

DIRECTV STREAM and DIRECTV satellite service are two entirely different services @evrlaw 

You have to pay for each separately, as one is not equivalent to the other. 

DIRECTV satellite (as the name states) is service by a satellite dish and does not utilize your internet connection. The Genie is the main receiver that works off of the dish and PPV IS available here. 

Whereas, DIRECTV STREAM is another entirely different service that works off of your home internet to deliver live TV to streaming devices. Genie is a satellite product, not a directv stream product. Currently, DIRECTV STREAM (WHETHER BYOD OR THE GEMINI) does not offer PPV. Being we are customers like you, we don’t know when DIRECTV plans to integrate PPV into their streaming service. Only time will tell.. .

ACE - New Member

• 

1.3K Messages

1 year ago

@evrlaw  Directv Stream does offer some Pay-Per-View Movies through their Gemini Device but as of right now you cannot access it through other devices such as Roku, Firestick, TV App, etc...  I know this to be true as you can Rent movies and other content but it is only through the Osprey/Gemini Devices.  So you could get Pay-Per-View if you were to buy a Gemini device say through a third party without having to pay the ARS Fee.  But you have to be careful when buying from third-party sellers as you could get a box that no longer works so make sure if you do go that route that you make sure the seller accepts returns.

ACE - New Member

• 

1.3K Messages

1 year ago

@detuch254 and @bcbsncjlj You can purchase Pay-Per-View Movies and other content.  This is a pic I just took of my Gemini Device of some content you can Rent or Buy.  This is a fairly new update that happened before they did the April 6th change.  You access it through the On-Demand menu on Osprey/Gemini Devices only.

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

Thnk you all for your responses. I will check out the gemini.

ACE - New Member

• 

3.1K Messages

1 year ago

Yah the rent/buy movies and tv shows option was added back in January.

(edited)

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

I believe they will soon make it available for all subscribers to stay competitive. There’s a lot of rivals out there 

ACE - New Member

• 

3.1K Messages

1 year ago

What do you mean? You an buy/rent on all devices. I use a Gemini, Firestick, Tivo Stream 4k and you can rent/buy on all of those. 

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.