Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums

Our contract with Disney has expired. We appreciate your patience while we negotiate to offer you more flexible channel lineups and all your shows and sports in one place. Please visit TVPromise.com and UnbundleDisney.com for more details.

D

2 Messages

Thursday, June 27th, 2024 11:25 AM

Direct Stream app for Samsung TV 5.1 Audio support..

When will the native Samsung TV app for Direct Steam support 5.1 audio?  

ACE - Expert

• 

5.8K Messages

2 months ago

The native app has always been inferior since its conception, with little support and enhancements for years. You would be better off to invest in an external streaming. External devices receive more support and enhancements.

2 Messages

2 months ago

I understand and I use a Firestick to obtain 5.1, but my question is why would Samsung/Direct TV not address or fix such a obvious flaw in their app? Do they just not care about their customers who pay thousands of dollars for their products? 

ACE - Expert

• 

5.8K Messages

2 months ago

Obviously, they do not care. They have had years to resolve the issues. They are primarily concentrating on their proprietary device, with emphasis on DirecTV service via the internet. The service DirecTV Stream is just a pawn to provide some competition to the other streaming services that are available.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.