Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

E

• 

7 Messages

Friday, February 24th, 2023 2:11 AM

Directv stream app login issues

Anyone having login issues with the Directv stream app? as of this morning I am not able to login to any of my devices (IOS, Roku, etc) I keep getting a 0017

error telling me my user and password is incorrect. I actually spent a couple

of hours chatting with support and they could not figure it out, they escalated the case and I am waiting for anyone from Directv to contact me or just fix the issue. Any clues? 

Accepted Solution

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

Update: This was resolved, my issue was that the TV provider on my IOS (ipad) was not matching in password since I had changed it a few days before. Apparently the TV provider feature checks for updated passwords occasionally, not constantly (this is just my theory) and after a few days when it went to check on it and did not find a  match it locked me out. An agent from customer service was the one that hinted to me about it, only after nearly a two day struggle and having chatted with like 5 different CS agents. It would have been nice if a more comprehensive explanation of the issue is popped up by the app, error 0017 does not say much.

I spend a two full days without being able to watch live tv, sounds like not a big deal, but imagine if this would’ve happened during Superbowl sunday? Directv really needs to improve on this. Their apps should be able to instantly recoginize the problem and guide you through it. Hope this helps others in the future. 

ACE - New Member

• 

1.3K Messages

1 year ago

Can you log in to www.Directv.com with your login credentials or do you get an error when doing so there too? 

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

I can log in to directv.com, but I when I try to watch tv content under the “watch directv stream” section it goes on a sort of redundancy loop

ACE - New Member

• 

3.1K Messages

1 year ago

Did you recently move or change the billing zip code for the credit card on file with Directv?

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

No

ACE - Expert

• 

5.3K Messages

1 year ago

Are you a DirecTV satellite or DirecTV Stream subscriber? They are different.

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

directv stream

ACE - Expert

• 

5.3K Messages

1 year ago

Have you tried your phone to test the logon?

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

I’ve tested all devices (IOS, Roku, Apple Tv, etc). Same issue

ACE - Expert

• 

5.3K Messages

1 year ago

Ok. So can you log in to your DirecTV Stream account and look at your account - not try to watch anything but look at your account?

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I have been experiencing the same issue for a week! With no answers in sight. It's probably a link/authentication token. Tech support has been ZERO help.

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

@eugeniohernandez I did have this issue before and when contacting customer support, they told me 0017 error I was getting was due to my account being associated with Satellite (which I had at some point). I think it was an error on their end. They did switch my account to Directv Stream and I was able to login

(edited)

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.