Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

A

• 

6 Messages

Thursday, November 24th, 2022 12:06 AM

Discovery Plus

So I recently added Discovery Plus as a Directv stream add-on. How do I create an account for the Discovery plus app? Usually there is a link to setup and detect my provider subscription. 

ACE - New Member

• 

1.3K Messages

2 years ago

Since you signed up through Directv Stream I would think that you use the same login information that you use to log in to your Directv Stream Account.

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

So you would think, unfortunately no. I actually spoke to a supervisor at Directv stream support and they are saying that the add-on doesn't allow credentials to the 3rd party app. They are supposedly looking into it. Why would they offer this as an add on but don't provide a link to tie it to our account? This is idiotic! 

ACE - Sage

• 

45.7K Messages

2 years ago

Discovery Plus is a separate streaming service with an App on your DirecTV Stream box. You'll need to sign up for their service at the Discovery Plus website. 

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

Right that makes sense. Problem is that they are advertising Discovery plus as an add on. The actual service! I already have discovery channels through my lineup. In other words why would they charge 2.99/month promo if all it does if give you the same on demand content that you already have. 

ACE - New Member

• 

3.1K Messages

2 years ago

Discovery plus has it's own original shows. 

ACE - Expert

• 

1.1K Messages

2 years ago

I don’t see Discovery+ listed on the Manage Subscription page as available add-on. (I do see AMC+, which I hadn’t noticed before.)  Where did you get it as an add-on?

ACE - New Member

• 

3.1K Messages

2 years ago

I see it. 2.99/month. It's under premium networks. 

(edited)

ACE - New Member

• 

1.3K Messages

2 years ago

@Jrandomuser As far as AMC+ that has been on there for a while now.  As far as Discovery+ that is fairly new and you can order that on ON-Demand or you can go to the manage my TV package and then it is under premium channels online. But right now it would be cheaper for anyone who wants Discovery plus to get through Discovery and not Directv because they are doing their Black Friday special for $0.99 a month for 3 months. Whereas Directv is charging $2.99 a month.

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

The Whole thing just doesn't make sense to me. Marketing not talking to the Tech department. Anyways just going to subscribe to the App through Discovery like Tiger593 suggested. 

ACE - Expert

• 

1.1K Messages

2 years ago

Interesting - I just checked, and it is absolutely not in the premium channel list for me. Of course, that’s not the only thing I don’t/can’t get - as a close to day 1 (grandfathered) subscriber, I only get 2 streams (can pay $5/month to add 1 more), get the limited (20 hour) DVR (I can pay $10/month to get unlimited, but until recently that wasn’t even an option they offered me), and can’t buy the streaming devices (Osprey).  Maybe this is another “you can’t, so why don’t you get rid of your old subscription and get a new one”thing, since I’d assume that they’d like to get rid of remaining grandfathered subscribers. 

WRT DTV charging $2.99/month for Discovery+ - is that a promo (introductory) price?  Because DIscovery+ (on their own website) show the $.99/month for 3 months, but then it goes back to the regular price of $4.99/month. (And that’s with ads.  There doesn’t appear to be a promo for ad free, and it’s $6.99/month.)

ACE - New Member

• 

3.1K Messages

2 years ago

2.99 is the price. I don't see for 3 months or anything.

ACE - New Member

• 

1.3K Messages

2 years ago

@Ludwick577  $2.99 is what Directv Streams add-on price is but if you go through Discovery+ itself (Not through Directv) they are offering it for $0.99 for the first 3 months as their Black Friday Special. 

ACE - Expert

• 

1.1K Messages

2 years ago

If that’s really the case - that the price through DTV is $2.99 not as a promo - then it seems like it would make sense to pass on the $.99 promo. But I’d try to confirm that - there’s often fine print, and on one or two occasions it was so fine they didn’t even bother to include it at all…

ACE - New Member

• 

3.1K Messages

2 years ago

@Tiger593 yah but that 99 cents is just for 3 months and it's with ads. Then it's 4.99 with ads or 6.99 without ads. Directv's 2.99 price is indefinite. And who knows when they might increase the price. I'd lock it in b/c that's cheaper in the long run. Plus, you don't have to install an additional app. All the Discovery plus stuff is available on demand thru Dtv Stream.. without having to install their app.

(edited)

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

Hello,

I wanted to provide some information about accessing your Discovery Plus subscription.  When you subscribe through Directv you are only able to access the discovery plus content using the directv website, app, or stream device.  The subscription adds Discovery plus as an on demand channel and the content available is the same that is on the discovery plus app.

Directv subscribers to discovery plus do not get access to the discovery plus app/website.

All of this information has been verified via Discovery Plus’ chat support.

(edited)

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.