Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

C

• 

1 Message

Thursday, August 4th, 2022 7:54 PM

DTV stream box problems

I’ve had DTV stream for about a year with no problems. I have 2 boxes-1 upstairs and 1 downstairs. I have fiber optic internet. 

Recently my upstairs box keeps saying it disconnected from internet and prompts to select and enter the WiFi login. It will not connect to the WiFi even though it discovers the network and indicates a strong signal. I did the usual reset with the red button several times without any resolution.

I factory reset the box, and it then would connect to the network and works like normal for a few days then messes up again. Downstairs box has no issues, so I don’t think it’s an ISP issue (is closer to router though). 

detuch254

ACE - New Member

• 

3.4K Messages

6 months ago

Just to confirm, both the upstairs and downstairs rooms have DIRECTV STREAM Osprey Boxes?

Your best bet is going upstairs with a computer or tablet and verifying if the WiFi connection is reliable. If it keeps dropping out, you have the problem. In this case, you would want to try to hardwire the DIRECTV STREAM Osprey Box via Ethernet and/or buy a wireless access point for the upstairs room to enhance the wireless signal. 

If it isn’t dropping out, try swapping the two boxes. Bring the upstairs DIRECTV STREAM box downstairs and the downstairs one upstairs.  Are there any changes? If the upstairs one still acts up while it is downstairs and the downstairs one operates perfectly upstairs, you’ll need to replace the DIRECTV STREAM box you currently had upstairs because it is defective and/or has trouble connecting to your WiFi connection. 

New DIRECTV STREAM boxes can be received by calling DIRECTV STREAM.

Ludwick577

ACE - New Member

• 

2.5K Messages

6 months ago

Are you using 2.4 or 5ghz wifi? U might try to channel the frequency channel of your wifi in your router/modem settings. Something might be causing interference. My Samsung tv's wifi used to cause interference. If you could use ethernet cables that would be your best bet to resolve the issue.

(edited)

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

3.8K Messages

6 months ago

I would suggest you swap the boxes and see if the issue goes with the box.

• 

8 Messages

2 months ago

I have been coming across this at customers’ homes as well as my own. It seems like an update was forced out to the DTVStream boxes and it has started causing these issues. Any boxes on Ethernet have no problems, it is just boxes on Wifi. I’ve gotten the same results when changing the boxes around, just the Wifi connected boxes drops. The boxes have pretty decent Wifi capabilities, comparable to other Android devices. And all other customer devices have no trouble at all. Only thing I can recommend is to keep checking in the system settings daily for another software update. Eventually they will send out an update with a bug fix. I just hope they get it taken care of soon before we start losing subscribers. 

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.