Announcements
Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

J

• 

4 Messages

Thu, Oct 14, 2021 4:32 PM

How to change the Time Zone for The Guide

Hello 

My guide is in EST  so every show is on 4 hours earlier is there a way to change the guides time zone to Alaska time. I have all the location settings turned on and my billing address is correct.  I do get the local channels but all the other channels are on EST.

Thanks

Accepted Solution

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

557 Messages

10 d ago

It's always been like that since conception. All streaming services are configured like this. Cable is another story. Outside of locals the other channels are national broadcasts based on the Eastern Time Zone. There are no options to change the time.

Ludwick577

• 

159 Messages

10 d ago

Under Settings---system---general you can choose your time zone (stream box) 

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

557 Messages

10 d ago

Local channels and regional sports are based on local time zone. The other channel lineups are eastern time zone.

• 

4 Messages

10 d ago

That's the problem buy the time you sit down to watch tv all the shows are over and the old late night shows are on " im talking about the cable channels" is there a way to change that and if not do you know if they are going to implement that, not everybody lives on the east coast. 

Thanks

• 

4 Messages

10 d ago

That (Edited per community guidelines) its thanks for the response

(edited)

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.