Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums

Connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

T

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, November 10th, 2022 2:35 AM

Login issues

I have to reset password in every device everytime check email or watch tv. 

ACE - New Member

• 

5.2K Messages

2 years ago

Are you a DIRECTV STREAM or DIRECTV satellite subscriber? Do you have this issue on other devices like your phone, tablet, or another computer? Has this been an issue in the past? What error code (care code) do you get? Do you have ad-blockers, cache cleared, VPNs, or anything else?

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Stream 

All devices

Code205.2 for no reason or have to do forgot password to reset

AT&T and Direct tv haven't fixed in months

Cleared cache 

ACE - Expert

• 

6K Messages

2 years ago

AT&T has nothing to do with the service anymore. Since the split, they are 2 separate companies now, so need to bring out their name. Care Codes are DirecTV satellite error codes and not DirecTV Stream error codes. Have you been a Satellite subscriber in the past? Are you using the same credentials for your DirecTV Stream service?

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Never had satellite. User credentials haven't changed 

ACE - New Member

• 

1.5K Messages

2 years ago

You get error code 205.2 when you have too many unsuccessful login attempts.  When you get this code it means that your account has been blocked and you will need to create a new password in order to get back into your account.  To fix this error do these steps.

1. Clear your browser's cache and cookies to remove any stored password information on all devices. Be sure to close and relaunch your online browser afterward and try deleting and reinstalling apps on external streaming devices. Also if you have your password saved for easy login on your computer go into settings and delete the information for this.
  2. Reset your password using the Forgot password option. Wait 24 hours, then try to sign in.

Hopefully, this will take care of this!

6 Messages

8 months ago

Whenever I try to log in to Directv.com,  I get a "Something's gone wrong" screen with the AT&T logo. I tried on three different devices and two different browsers and still get this.  Clearing cache didn't help either. 

ACE - Expert

• 

6K Messages

8 months ago

Any error codes with the message? Are you a previous satellite subscriber? Have any AT&T accounts? Using the same credentials? If so, you need to use different credentials.

You should never see the AT&T logo. They have nothing to do with the service. AT&T and DirecTV are 2 separate companies.

ACE - Sage

• 

45.9K Messages

8 months ago

@dwbf 

What streaming device are you using?  If it's a AT&T Stream box, when and where did you get it?  The fact that you're seeing an AT&T logo suggests that the box may be outdated. 

6 Messages

8 months ago

I have an old pre-genie HD Reciever. Pretty sure I got it before AT&T. One of the reasons I was trying to log in was to request an upgrade.

ACE - Expert

• 

6K Messages

8 months ago

Genie? Genie is for DirecTV Satellite, not DirecTV Stream. The 2 are different paid services and credentials are not transferable

ACE - Sage

• 

45.9K Messages

8 months ago

@dwbf 

Please clarify your box model number. Streaming box or satellite box?

6 Messages

8 months ago

Satellite. HR22-100.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.