Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

W

28 Messages

Sunday, April 14th, 2024 5:25 PM

No record button

I’m using the latest DirecTV app on my iPhone. The guide shows three PBS stations. On 4/16 at 10 pm two of those stations show a program that I would like to record. However, when I open those entries there’s no “ Record Episode” button. Why not? If it matters, I’m away from home at the moment, and neither of those stations seem to be my usual “home” stations.

Accepted Solution

28 Messages

3 months ago

That’s poor that I can’t control recording when I’m away from home

ACE - Expert

• 

5.6K Messages

3 months ago

Don't have an iPhone, but my PBS channel has a 'REC' button on both live content and future content from the guide. Have you restarted your device? Also it may be that you are out of  your home market that is causing the issue.

ACE - Sage

• 

45.7K Messages

3 months ago

It's because you're away from your home location. You can only record from channels in your home location. That does indeed make it difficult to record shows on local channels when you're away from home. 

28 Messages

3 months ago

I just learned yesterday about a show I want to record. In this case I’m returning home two hours before the show will broadcast, so I’m lucky I’ll be able to catch it. But generally that won’t work. Why should DirecTV have this policy? They know where I’m based. Why should it matter where I am at the moment?

On a related issue, is it possible to post questions for DirecTV customer support or otherwise contact someone? All I’ve found so far is a series of FAQ entries that never seem to match my issue.

28 Messages

3 months ago

DirecTV Stream is willing to record programs on my “local” stations that I’ve already scheduled. It just won’t let me schedule new recordings. To me this is irrational.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.