Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

E

• 

1 Message

Sun, Oct 24, 2021 7:20 PM

Picture in picture

DirecTV Stream needs to add PIP to its app. ESPN Plus has done this and it’s awesome to watch 2, 3 or 4 channels at once. Then we’ll be expecting 4K soon for nearly $100/month.  But, I agree the image quality is good with its variable bit rate, video appears to be 1080i or 720p and 60 fps.

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

802 Messages

1 m ago

No we don't need it. The service is fine as it is now. Any increases in the functionality means a higher price. If you really desire these needs then seek other alternatives that offer them.

Jrandomuser

ACE - Expert

• 

264 Messages

1 m ago

Multiplex has the problem that it requires multiple streams.  It is something that they could potentially add, but in my opinion is way down on the list of possible enhancements - there are many much more pressing improvements needed.

The problem (well, a problem) with 4k is that the content providers don't offer it to the carriers.  DirecTV Stream can't magically make things 4k - so until they can get streams from the networks in 4k, it can't happen.  When that changes (which it likely will start to over the next few years), then they may offer it.  It would likely be (at least to start) an optional add-on (since it will cost them more because of bandwidth expenses).

@bcbsncjlj - just because you don't want a feature doesn't mean no one does.  Please don't just shoot down people who make suggestions - their voices are as valid as yours.  There may well be reasons why what they request can't happen (at least now), but that's not the same thing as saying their desires are wrong.

(edited)

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

802 Messages

1 m ago

@Jrandomuser correct and my opinion is as valid as yours. I never said their desires was wrong. There are plenty of alternatives if others desire this functionality. Most of us just want a service that truly works not a service that continues to be driven by requests by subscribers who compares the features to other streaming services. If they have it then go use it.

Jrandomuser

ACE - Expert

• 

264 Messages

1 m ago

No, you didn't say "your desire is wrong" - you said "we don't need it", which is the same thing - indicating that your opinion is universal.  You can only speak for yourself, not everyone.  Nor are you in a position to say that most subscribers don't want more features, since you don't know that.  Judging from the posts here, many subscribers feel (correctly) that there are missing features - and without any way to poll the total subscriber base, we have no way to know how widespread those feelings are.  Telling posters to just go use a different service doesn't help this one.  For that matter, you said several years ago that you cancelled and went elsewhere - so why are you still here?

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

802 Messages

1 m ago

@Jrandomuser I did cancel. Sharing services with other members of household. No longer my account but still using the service along with Sling and YouTube TV. By having multiple services and sharing with others in the household allows us to have everything that we had with cable plus more for less costs. When contract negotiations occur we are covered for any outages.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.