Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

W

• 

11 Messages

Thursday, March 24th, 2022 2:31 AM

recording stuff I didn't set to record

recently my dtv stream device has been recording show that I have not set up to record. for example I have baseball games and TV series recording that i did not set to record, a single episode or series. I check upcoming recording and it's full of stuff I don't want. I delete the stuff and a few hours later they are back, what could be causing this?

ACE - New Member

• 

3.2K Messages

2 years ago

Search the shows recording--go to them--hit view all episodes and cancel series recording.

• 

11 Messages

2 years ago

Thanks I did that but, everyday there are new things set to record that I didn't set.

ACE - New Member

• 

3.2K Messages

2 years ago

Maybe someone else in your house did it. 

• 

11 Messages

2 years ago

No I checked with them first, before I wrote on the forum. 

ACE - New Member

• 

3.2K Messages

2 years ago

Well, someone did b/c Dtv stream does not record things unless you set them to record.

• 

11 Messages

2 years ago

yea no kidding someone did, but when there is only 2 people in the house it's pretty easy to figure out neither one of us did it. so I changed the password and see if that works. Maybe some in using my account or hacked my password. thanks for the help! 

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I’m having the same problem. A stupid “reality” show keeps re-recording two episodes. The same two. I delete it, and later in the day they’re back. 
It’s my husband, cat and me, so I don’t think she’s doing it. I know he hasn’t.

We will have movies show up neither recorded, then they’re back again after we delete.

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I came her to ask this. My husband, cat, and me. Stupid “reality” shows or odd movies show up. It’s been going on since this summer.

We delete them, and later in the day they’re back. My husband thought he’d prove I had to set them to record, but they are no where on the menu.

I’ve tried letting them play, then delete, but they don’t play, just freeze. I have to shut it off, restart it, and there they are again.

ACE - New Member

• 

3.2K Messages

2 years ago

If the show is on two different channels --it will record both. Nothing you can do about it unless you cancel the series. Also, you only need to post once.

ACE - New Member

• 

1.4K Messages

2 years ago

@NanaRomy83 try going into your recordings list for upcoming recordings and go to the show that keeps recording and then cancel the series to keep it from re-recording. Deleting it only stops it until a repeat episode records again.  This hopefully will fix it so that it no longer records.  If it continues to happen even after you cancel the series recording then you will have to contact customer service (Phone # Below).  Hope this helps.

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Ludwick577, 

my response to the first person disappeared from my phone, so I retyped it.

I’m sorry if it hurt you that it showed up twice.

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

@Tiger953,
That’s been done. My husband and son visiting from another state made sure they aren’t set to record.

We also have entire series try to download from OnDemand every Thursday.

Seasons of shows set to record first-run only will try to record whatever series we’ve set in the past. We go back, remove ANYTHING set to record as a series (all set to new episodes only), and the system will be busy trying to download them all.

We’ve gotten to the point of removing everything that’s set to record and only reset it when a new series starts. Doesn’t matter.

DirecTV tech tried walking me through a couple of steps earlier today, ending with me restarting the system. The unwanted shows are back.

Well see tomorrow how many unwanted shows try to stream.

As much as it all costs, and the fact the took away FOX stations (Football), we’re ready to cancel it.

We’ve been subscribers for over 20 years.

ACE - Expert

• 

5.6K Messages

2 years ago

@NanaRomy83 DirecTV? Do you really mean DirecTV satellite or DirecTV Stream, the internet streaming service? They are different, and you have posted in the internet streaming forum.  You can not download content - it's stored in the cloud!

ACE - Expert

• 

1.1K Messages

2 years ago

I have noticed the problem since the DVR feature was added that it will sometimes show a recording for something that was clearly not requested.  I don't see this too often (though I have seen it do a series recording, which is more irritating).  I assume this is due to a database glitch or missing exclusion lock that occasionally causes a recording request to be attached to the wrong account.  It would be nice if it got fixed, but (at least for me) it is rare enough that there are other issues I'd prefer they spent their time addressing.

• 

20 Messages

2 years ago

Everyone that has posted their frustrated recording experiences with Dtv here have a legitimate issue. 

I have reported similar behavior to Tech Support on multiple occasions over the past several years, i..e., multiple whole recorded series mysteriously showing up daily in my "All Recordings".  Stuff that I had already watched and deleted. 

Deleting the mess became a part of my daily routine.

I have had other recording glitches recently.  I haven't experienced the one described here in a while, but if it comes back, considering the posts here that are only six days old, I won't be shocked.

After a while it goes back to normal.  Just stops happening  Why? Perhaps as a result customer feedback? I don't know.

(edited)

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.