Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

bytemo's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sat, Aug 6, 2022 6:46 PM

Samsung Smart TV App Buffering

Have a new Samsung UN58TU700D smart TV.  I had to download the Direct TV Stream app.  It appeared to install properly.

I have a 60 Mb Ethernet connection to my tv.  

Problem:

The resolution goes from fuzzy to basically ok, but never what I would call HD or sharp.  I've had to install a FireStick to get an acceptable picture.  It mostly happens while watching baseball on AT&T SportsNet.

I, of course, would prefer to skip the FireStick and watch TV through my Directv Stream app.  I can't find an option to show me or adjust the video connection resolution.

I'm very disappointed - seems like the processor in the TV would be better than a $29 Firestick!

Thanks for any suggestions.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Ludwick577

ACE - New Member

• 

2.1K Messages

2 m مضت

Do a search for Samsung app on this forum. You will find a ton of results about how crappy it is. I have a Samsung 4k tv. When I subscribed to Directv stream a year ago I tried using it. The app was just awful back then as well. I upgraded myself to a Directv Stream box with remote a few days later and I couldn't be happier with the experience. The box gives you more of a cable tv experience and it's only 7x7 inches. It also has google play store for your other streaming apps. 

(edited)

Accepted Solution

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 m مضت

Thanks all - I have already installed a $29 FireStick - that seems to work fine - even integrates with the Samsung remote.    Sad that the app is such a (Edited per community guidelines)!

(edited)

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

43.3K Messages

2 m مضت

The Samsung DirecTV app is junk. A $30 Roku or Firestick will work much better. 

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.