Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

M

• 

2 Messages

Sat, Oct 23, 2021 4:04 AM

Streaming Device won't stream *some* Netflix shows

We have a new DirectTV account and have an AT&T streaming device for our TV.  The issue is that with Netflix specifically, the device won't play *all* the programs.  For many shows, including most of the top shows, we just get an message that says "We're having trouble playing that program right now, please try again later."  Other Netflix shows will stream perfectly fine.  We can tell which shows are not going to play, because those shows don't even start to "preview" in Netflix when you view the titles.  We have tested internet strength and it is strong.  When we access Netflix through a device other than the streaming device, all shows play fine.  I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the Netflix app. but the issue persists.  

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Ludwick577

• 

483 Messages

1 m ago

If you subscribe to Netflix Ultra package the 4k shows won't play on the Dtv Stream box this is a known issue. U can either downgrade your Netflix package to just play HD --or---you can change your Dtv Stream box's audio setting to surround (not stereo) and all the shows will play in HD also. I just use my android tv box to watch Netflix. 

(edited)

Jrandomuser

ACE - Expert

• 

264 Messages

1 m ago

You would probably need to check with Netflix to see if they know a reason (and solution) - I'd assume that Netflix provided the app that the DirecTV device uses.

• 

2 Messages

1 m ago

Wow, switching the audio to surround did the trick.  I don’t quite understand why the audio affects the video like that, but thanks very much.  You’re saying it’s not actually playing 4K though anymore, correct?  It’s being downgraded to regularHD doing this? 

Ludwick577

• 

483 Messages

1 m ago

The stream box can't play netflix 4k videos for some reason. It's a known isssue people post about it on the directv stream reddit board all the time. If you are ok with watching in HD u can save a few bucks and downgrade your Netflix subscription. I prefer 4k, so I watch Netflix on Tivo Stream 4k android 

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.