Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

M

• 

1 Message

Monday, January 17th, 2022 1:48 AM

Too Many Streams (Error 30004-005)

My roommate and I have Directv stream (Account is under his name). We initially had 1 device set up on our home network, and then I set up 3 devices at my parent's house since I was under the impression that there could be 3 simultaneous streams outside of the home location. It initially worked, but then my parents told me they were getting an error message that told them that there is a limit of 2 simultaneous streams, and that they need to either refresh the stream or set new home location. I even recently set up my own firestick at our home network to make for 2 in home devices, and it even gave me the same error message, which confused me because I was connected to the home network and didn't think I'd need to set new home location because it should've detected that I was on the home network. I was at least able to set new home location on my firestick and got that to work, but my parents aren't able to watch on ANY of their 3 devices I set up for them. It's not just an issue of them trying 3 at a time and one not connecting (Which, again, is confusing considering I read on the website that there is allowed to be 3 simultaneous streams), but they can't get ANY of the streams to work. This is incredibly frustrating and I've tried to chat with an agent only to not get any sort of response in a timely manner. Any help would be appreciated. 

ACE - Expert

• 

5.6K Messages

3 years ago

Support article on stream limits is located here

Details are :

Enjoy up to three streams at the same time on mobile or streaming devices away from your home network. A maximum of 3 streaming devices can be accessed out of home. Only two streaming devices connected to a TV can be accessed out of the home. For example: one DIRECTV STREAM device and one Firestick.

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Girlfriend getting when watching Fox bit can watch other channels. Customer no service said it is an issue but they don’t have an answer yet to fix. Strange only Fox stations have this problem but not CNN or MSNBC.  Canceling service.

ACE - New Member

• 

5.2K Messages

2 years ago

@Cv3300 that would be an issue either on DIRECTV STREAM’s side or the actual TV network. If you would like to cancel, then so be it. If not, temporary solutions are setting up an Over-The-Air (OTA) antenna to enjoy FOX or Install the Fox app on your streaming device and sign in with the TV EVERYWHERE functionality.

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I have the same issue.  We have a dynamic IP address through Kinetic (Windstream) so our home location is constantly moving.  At sign up I asked if that would cause a problem and was assured it would not (I know, if it wasn't in writing why believe it). 

We get the 30004-005 error 'too many streamers' even using two TVs and have to reset the home location.  My neighbor has the same problem and got no help from Direct customer support other than.....turn off one of your TVs!

I've yet to be able to contact Direct to discuss the issue but would hope that if anyone else here has or is having the same issue they could chime in too.

To be sure, I'm not trying to game the their system by using the service in more than one household only my own. 

ACE - Expert

• 

5.6K Messages

2 years ago

Your best solution is to get a static IP from your ISP if you still want to use the service. They are not going to change their rules. It is what it is. If that is not possible, then you should seek another service. I know I would. 

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Yep, that is exactly what I figured.  Of course there is the cost to a static address or a VPN so that has to enter into a decision. 

We were on Windstream's Kinetic TV Stream until they ditched it and advised that DirectTV Stream was "the most direct" replacement for it.  Both failed to mention that this would be an issue up front. 

Thank you very much for your reply.

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

I am having the same issue.   Not streaming out of my house.  I have six tv's in my home.  But am unable to watch.  This occurs after my router reboots after a power outage.   

ACE - Expert

• 

5.6K Messages

2 years ago

Contact your ISP. Appears that your provider is moving your IP address around causing the service to think you are not at your home location. You may need to obtain a static IP. Many subscribers have experienced this issue.

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

Static ip address cost an extra $20 per month.   If "many subscribers are having this issue" should dtv stream find a different way to determine when we are in our home network another way.  I can't  pay an additional $20 . Someone please help.  

ACE - Expert

• 

5.6K Messages

2 years ago

There is no solution. The policy has been like this sine conception, and it will not change. The issue is with your ISP that is changing your IP address, not with the service. Your only option is to perhaps change services. Just be aware that all live-streaming services have some policy with at home vs away from home streaming.

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

I agree it's a problem with my isp.  I live in a rural area and do not have any other options for isp.  But as I read this and other post I'm not the only person with this issue.   I do not stream out of my home except when I occasionally watch on my phone.  I understand there should be a way to control streaming share.  I'm just looking for a solution for those of us who have this issue.   

ACE - Expert

• 

5.6K Messages

2 years ago

@Wbwilliams There is no solution. They have always had this issue. If you can't afford the charge for the static IP address then you have very limited options. You can live with the changing location or seek another service. Sorry for the blunt response but it's just the way it is.

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

@bcbsncjlj unfortunately you are correct.   I was just hoping for a different response.  Someone suggested I delete the app and reinstall and it will start your count over.  I haven't tried it yet.  I did loose power yesterday because of the hurricane.   When my router rebooted it assigned me a different ip address.   It's football day so we will have multiple tvs on.  I guess it will give me the same error.  It's just frustrating because I'm in my network at home.  I could understand if I was sharing my service.  

ACE - Expert

• 

5.6K Messages

2 years ago

But your not in your home network. Physically yes but technically not. It's all about the technical side. You just have to quit looking at it from the visual side.

(edited)

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Understanding the technical side now is not the problem this streaming services (admittedly as well as others) customers are objecting to.  It is the fact that no where in the sales spiel was it mentioned (at least in an understandable way to non-technical types) that these conditions could exist. 

In my case I was pushed to Direct TV by my previous streaming provider that terminated their business.  There I had no trouble with the number of devices being used.  When they communicated they suggesting moving but they had developed a deal with Direct TV as incentive to pick up my subscription.  Neither entity indicated anything about issues with dynamic IP addresses. 

Yes my beef is with my ISP (the parent company of my previous streaming provider) as well as Direct TV, but also with all of the other providers that are less than up-front with this limitation.  I am certain this is not an isolated complaint that they just don't feel the need to detail just so they can generate revenue for however long any particular customer can stand it.  Several of my neighbors are elderly and fell into this loop hole/trap and still don't fully understand why it occurs.

I'm not fully condemning Direct TV but do put them in the same basket as HULU, YouTube, ect. in that they could offer better customer assistance by being more upfront about this "technical" issue prior to purchase.  I guess Direct did at least accommodate a customer forum but even that required some search engine knowledge to uncover for this line of discussion. 

It appears nothing is perfect in this field, especially in areas where there are little choice in internet providers.  One just has to evaluate the value or cost of online streaming vs. services like satellite TV I guess.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.