Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

A

• 

4 Messages

Tue, Sep 13, 2022 4:43 PM

Unable to Download DirecTV Stream to Samsung The Frame TV

I have a brand new Samsung The Frame TV.  I can locate the DirecTV Stream app, but when I download it, the user name / password prompt defaults to a DirecTV log in (instead of STREAM).  Of course my credentials don't work with normal DirecTv.  

How can I get DirecTV STREAM on my Samsung The Frame TV?  

Ludwick577

ACE - New Member

• 

2.3K Messages

3 months ago

I have a Samsung tv. I don't use the Dtv Stream app on it regularly (it's a backup) ---I have a Dtv Stream box. But, looking in the app store there is only one Dtv app. And it's for Dtv Stream. There is no Satellite app on Samsung tv. Have you tried your login credentials on the app? Works for me. 

(edited)

• 

4 Messages

3 months ago

I have the app, but when it loads the login screen, the box says "DIRECTVstream" and then blinks and reloads as DirecTv.  So the login that works everywhere (app on my phone, on my laptop, thru AppleTV) but I get the 205.4 error that my user name isn't recognized.  I could do a Roku or an Apple TV but I'd prefer to use the app on the Samsung platform and avoid more hardware.

Ludwick577

ACE - New Member

• 

2.3K Messages

3 months ago

Trust me the Samsung tv app isn't very reliable to begin with. That's why I use it only as a backup. You are better off getting one of their Dtv Stream boxes That's what I use. If you prefer more of a cable tv experience. Its remote has a number pad u can use to change channels. Also, shortcut buttons for record, dvr list, previous channel, and the guide...and a voice search button. None of the apps have those features. Their box also has google play store for your other apps. So it's an all in one device. U can get one refurbished for 49.99 with a 1yr warranty. 

(edited)

• 

4 Messages

3 months ago

I just got off the phone with ATT Tech Support.  They confirmed that my TV is redirecting login to the DirecTV satellite login page, thereby making my log in unsuccessful.  Suggestion was to add ROKU or apple TV (which I really do not want to do on a brand new smart TV).  I am wondering if my TV is looking for DirecTV satellite and is set up as having TV service in some setting somewhere which is causing the re-direct?

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

3.4K Messages

3 months ago

It's the app. Has always been a problem since conception. Get an external device or seek another service. You want regret.

• 

2 Messages

2 months ago

According to the website, it looks like not all of the Samsung The Frame TV's are compatible.

I have the Samsung 32" The Frame and get the 205.4 error. The Frame TV 32" is not showing as a compatible device on the Directv website.

Here is what they are showing as compatible:

The Frame

43" CLASS THE FRAME PREMIUM 4K UHD TV
UN43LS003AFXZA
55" CLASS THE FRAME PREMIUM 4K UHD TV
UN55LS003AFXZA
65" CLASS THE FRAME PREMIUM 4K UHD TV
UN65LS003AFXZA
bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

3.4K Messages

2 months ago

If you can't download the app then it's not compatible.

• 

2 Messages

2 months ago

The app is available on the Samsung The Frame 32” TV. However, it generates code 205.4. Again, according to Directv’s website, Samsung The Frame 32” is not listed as compatible. 

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

3.4K Messages

2 months ago

Are you using the right credentials? Are you a subscriber to the service DirecTV Stream not DirecTV? Were you a previous DirecTV subscriber using the same credentials? If you are then there are known issues using the same credentials. You must use different credentials being the id/password. Several posts in these forums about the issue.

• 

4 Messages

2 months ago

Yes, I am using the right credentials - the log in works on the app on my phone, on my laptop, just not on the Samsung TV.  The TV doesn't seem to support the app, though it does allow me to download it.  

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

3.4K Messages

2 months ago

The 205.4 code relates to the credentials. Were you a previous satellite subscriber using the same credentials? This issue is known where some devices receive this error. Also, as previously stated, the Samsung app is very inferior anyway. Most Samsung Smart TV users have opted to go with external devices.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.