Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

S

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, September 28th, 2022 4:53 AM

Unable to sign in. Care Code 500 error. DirecTV Stream only

Hi,

I have only had DirecTV Stream (never satellite).  Have had app work fine for years.  Currently have it on 3 Apple TVs 4th gen all up to date.  Have uninstalled and reinstalled and I'm facing the same issue getting Care Code 500.

Interestingly 1 of the 3 Apple TVs works just fine (all same make model and latest update under same wifi).  I have no idea what caused this since we were watching TV normally.  App just kicked us out initially giving error 202 (We've logged you out for your security.  Please log in again) yet password strong password was set some 6 months back no issues.

Thoughts?  I've checked online and all proposed solutions point to updating and reinstalling all of which I have done with no success.  I have also read them having this issue for multiple months .. might be an exaggeration but I cannot have this issue persist for more than a few days if at all.

I have been able to log in and out just fine on mobile app.  So if credentials were an issue I would think i would've been signed out everywhere and furthermore not allowed to log in via mobile no issues...

Thanks

ACE - New Member

• 

1.3K Messages

2 years ago

I have read sometimes when this issue happens if you go and uninstall the app then go online change your password then reinstall the app and sign in using the new password. If this does not help you then I would suggest that you may want to get an external device to stream it though such as the Directv Streaming Box, Roku, Amazon Fire Stick, etc...

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion.  I will try this.

However getting a new device for this is out of the question.  As I already have 3 total Apple TV 4th Gen and things were/had been fine for a few years until yesterday. And as mentioned in original post still works on 1 of the 3 just fine still.

If i can't resolve this I'll probably have to jump elsewhere possibly YoutubeTV/Sling etc. Which would blow because I have a grandfathered DirecTV stream plan :/ 

(edited)

ACE - New Member

• 

1.3K Messages

2 years ago

Good luck I hope this works for you and that it fixes your problem.  If it doesn't then I would call and talk with the retention department.  To do this you call customer service (# below) and say cancel and this will automatically transfer you to the retention department they are more knowledgeable than regular customer service agents and if they cannot help you fix this issue then you already have the people you need to talk to on the phone to cancel your service. 

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.