Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums

Connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

cwaffles's profile

Teacher

• 

53 Messages

Friday, November 3rd, 2023 9:46 PM

Unable to sign in to DirecTV app from Apple app store - Care Code 201

I have DIrecTV over internet (to be clear, no satellite, I have Gemini Air boxes and I signed a 2 year contract).  I have no problems at all signing into the stream.directv.com website through a web browser and am signed into my Gemini boxes with the same credentials.  I also have no problem signing in to directv.com using those same credentials. If I try to use the DirecTV app from the Apple App store on my iPad or iPhone and use those EXACT same credentials, it just gives me Incorrect user ID or password.  Try again.  Care Code: 201.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app multiple times.  I can go to the safari web browser on my iPad or iPhone and sign in to all of the above mentioned websites with no issues and can stream just fine through the website.

Why am I getting this error with the DirecTV app?  I am absolutely not entering incorrect credentials, not using any sort of password manager or cached credentials.  I am not going to try resetting my password because that login and password works everywhere else, except the DirecTV app.  Any ideas?

Teacher

• 

53 Messages

11 months ago

And to confuse matters EVEN more, my wife's iPhone is signed into the DirecTV app with no problems at all.

Is there some sort of limit to how many things I can sign into?

ACE - Expert

• 

6K Messages

11 months ago

Care Codes are DirecTV Satellite error codes. Are you a previous satellite subscriber? Using the same credentials? This is an old known bug. You need to use different credentials for the services. This issue has existed ever since they combine the 2 services into one app. Confuses the app on some devices that are supported now on both services that use to not support devices.

Teacher

• 

53 Messages

11 months ago

@bcbsncjlj I was a satellite subscriber a VERY long time ago (at least 15 years ago if not longer) before anything streaming was even a thought by any company. Not sure if the creedentials I use now are the ones I used when we had DTV long ago. I guess I’m not going to worry about it too much since I can still sign in to the stream website on my Apple devices with no issue. 

ACE - Expert

• 

6K Messages

11 months ago

Not anything new. Many have experienced the issue. 100's of post on the issue. Can also happen if you have linked accounts. Best to use a different credential.

ACE - New Member

• 

1.5K Messages

11 months ago

There are some device limits.  If you have not set your home Wi-Fi network to home then the Directv Stream system may think that you are away from home limiting you to only 3 streams.  Check your Gemini settings to make sure your device is set to your home network.

Teacher

• 

53 Messages

11 months ago

@bcbsncjlj I dont know why I'm not the least bit surprised this is something they cant seem to fix.  Not a big deal per say but it's amazing how much this company does that is just flat out confusing especially with what they actually call their services.  They literally seem to trip over themselves to make things difficult.

2 Messages

10 months ago

Did you ever get this fixed @cwaffles ?  Yesterday the app was working fine for me, and today I can't log in on either phone.   Same error.  And the password hasn't changed and was working fine yesterday.

Also, are any actual people from direct TV here?

Teacher

• 

53 Messages

10 months ago

@Tm2766 Funny you bring that up. It randomly started working for me one day last week and has been fine ever since.

ACE - Expert

• 

6K Messages

10 months ago

@Tm2766 Minimal support here. Just 1st level support at the best. This is just an open community forum - not support. If you really need a higher level of support, I would suggest contacting a rep via Twitter or Facebook.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.