Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

A

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, September 27th, 2022 2:09 AM

Using DIRECTV Stream device while traveling

I have one DIRECTV Stream device in my living room and a second Stream device in my bedroom. (Because navigating DIRECTV Stream using any other device or Tv remote is horribly difficult ) . We travel on vacations 6 - 8 times a year. I am VERY confused with all the comments I have read concerning “home internet network” and “static IP” ?..?? and need to know if I can take my bedroom box with me while traveling so that we can watch DIRECTV  Stream that we pay for. For example we will be snowbirding in Arizona for Two months and will be using a temporary internet service in the area. Can we take our DIRECTV Stream device to watch our shows or do we have to suspend service for the two months? In a couple weeks we will be on a one week trip to Orlando that will have internet capability where we are staying so I have same question. Can we take our box with us and use it there? 

Accepted Solution

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Thank you for your answers. I read the link and it tells me I can have “up to 4” different home networks in a 12 month period. So what happens when I go on my subsequent vacations that year? I assume I can still sign into Directv Stream through the condo internet;  Do I not get to use my Direct Stream device and remote?

Accepted Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

5.6K Messages

2 years ago

I assume you will be locked into the last home settings. I never change my home settings, but I do not use a DirecTV Stream box when I travel. Furthermore, I use Roku's or Amazon Fire Sticks in my RV traveling. I travel year round all over the country. For home local news, I just use the local home broadcaster app.

ACE - Expert

• 

5.6K Messages

2 years ago

Of course, you can. But it will not be on your "home" network. Your home network is defined when you first set up the device and is based on your CC billing zip code and the location of your device. When you leave that area, then you are away from your "home" location. You can find out about streaming limits and traveling here

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Thanks again! I appreciate your responses.  

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.