Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

S

• 

3 Messages

Wed, Jun 8, 2022 1:16 PM

Volume level not displayed on screen

When I change the volume on my Direct TV Stream device, there isn’t any volume indicator on the screen.  However, I have one with Roku, a cable box, or just the TV alone. 
is this a setting or an issue or does Direct TV stream not have this feature?

Accepted Solution

lou_do

ACE - New Member

• 

318 Messages

4分前

That is normal. Don't have one on my DirecTV Stream box either. Actually I don't have a volume indicator on any of my devices hooked to my Samsung TV. I have a DirecTV Stream box, Roku, Fire Stick and Spectrum cable box. I don't see one on my TV antenna either. I am hooked to a sound bar but do see an indicator on the sound bar, but not the screen. 
I do also have a Sharp built in Roku TV and it does show the sound indicator, so I believe it is the TV that determines if you see one or not. 

(edited)

Ludwick577

ACE - New Member

• 

2.2K Messages

4分前

Your tv should show the volume up/down indicator. Does it happen when you use the tv's remote? Is the remote paired with the box and the tv chosen in the remote settings?

• 

3 Messages

4分前

Thanks for your reply.
Info: I’m using the Stream box from Direct so I’m using the remote that came with it. 
if I used the TV remote the volume indicator appears onnscreen. If I use the Remote from DTV , it doesn’t. 
yes, the remote that came with the DTV streaming box is paired. 

• 

3 Messages

4分前

Thanks very much

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.