Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

K

• 

3 Messages

Sun, Oct 17, 2021 2:53 AM

What happened to KREG channel 5 METV??

When trying to tune into watch programing on METV the screen is black, What is going on now?? Seems this occurs every year in October??? So annoying DIRECTV!!!!

TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

13.4K Messages

2 m ago

They have probably changed their channel mapping again. Call/email the station engineer.

• 

3 Messages

2 m ago

Well changing the channel number is not the case. I've researched the channel line up. Also I have reset the channel line up for each GENIE I have for every TV.

I bet this has to do with the contracts or agreements DIRECTV has with local channels. Pretty sick of the crap and very annoying. WE PAY FOR A SERVICE WHICH DIRECTV MUST HONOR. I am beyond irritated with all this garbage. 

TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

13.4K Messages

2 m ago

your comment does not make any sense. You can't reset the channel line up for a genie, and you can only have one genie anyway. Yes, it's possible there is a dispute between the station and directv. In which case it will only be resolved between them. Ask the station!!

I was suggesting the station has changed its actual transmit frequency, they have done this several times over the past few years, if they do this without telling directv you will get a blank screen. Or there might be a problem with the link between the station and directv. Ask the station!!

• 

3 Messages

2 m ago

WOW!!! Whatever . . and I meant I have ONE GENIE. The other boxes are wireless. Boy are you very snarky!! You didn't have to be so huffy with an attitude problem when responding. Having a bad day or what? I plan on calling DIRECTV. The main point is WE PAY FOR A SERVICE AND EXPECT IT TO WORK PROPERLY. DIRECTV SHOULD BE NOTIFYING CUSTOMERS. I'm done commenting on this forum . . can't deal with snarky people. Don't bother me please. Buh Bye!! 

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

15.3K Messages

2 m ago

You are paying for a channel package not individual channels.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.