Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums

ALERT: If you're impacted by the recent storms in the Houston area, please remember you can access important programming using the DIRECTV app.

L

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, December 2nd, 2021 3:18 PM

Closed

Why are only newsmax & OAN not pausing for more than a minute, yet all other channels stay paused?

While I hate having to see ads for often offensive shows every time I pause and try to read or re-hear what’s on the screen - it’s getting to be such a turnoff to be sold at every turn….

Lately it seems that OAN & Newsmax won’t pause for more than a minute or 2, while the cooking channel, mtv etc will pause for a very long time. Seems to be an intentional DirecTV algorithm designed to keep down (Edited per community guidelines) channels? We already pay WAY too much to watch so few channels - censorship prevailing again?

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

Directtv dropping OANN

ACE - New Member

• 

5.2K Messages

3 years ago

What do you mean by "pausing"? Commercial breaks during shows? If so, DIRECTV has no control over the commercial length that they air, this is controlled by the bigger companies like Viacom. Also this a public forum and we are customers just like you.

ACE - Expert

• 

20K Messages

3 years ago

I think they are posting about the paused ads that are downloaded and start after one minute on those 2 channels.  AFAIK all channels are suppose to start after 1 minute.

ACE - Sage

• 

45.7K Messages

3 years ago

As far as I can tell these "pause ads" appear on all of my channels after 30 seconds or so. 

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

When I searched for NEWSMAX by browsing the list of channels, it wasn't even showing up in the channel guide! I had to type the number of the newsmax channel to get NEWSMAX, then when on it, set it to autorecord. Now, DirecTV said Saturday that it has informed One American Network's OAN’s owner, Herring Networks. Inc., that it will no longer carry its two channels when their contract expires. Is DirecTV trying to silence half of America's voices and news?

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.