R

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, January 25th, 2023 12:56 AM

DO NOT DROP NEWSMAX

If you drop NewsMax from your service, I will drop Direct TV!!

ACE - New Member

• 

5.2K Messages

2 years ago

This is just a public forum of other customers. Whatever agreement settled between DIRECTV and NewsMax is beyond our knowledge as customers. All we can do is wait until tomorrow.

If it is indeed dropped, you can cancel by calling in (number in my greeting below) and saying ‘cancel’ to the robot. All leased equipment gets returned to a participating FedEx or UPS location with your account number. Be sure to keep the receipt given to you by the clerk so you can avoid the possibility of an equipment non return fee (ERF) as you now have proof of return.

Additionally, if you are somehow still locked into a contract, DIRECTV will charge you $20 for every month left. This is known as the early termination fee (ETF). These are restarted when you add/upgrade to new equipment or move services to another address. If you haven’t done this within e last 2 years, you should be good to cancel without the fee. 

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

20.8K Messages

2 years ago

@RickPate 

DirecTV doesn't want to pay what Newsmax is requesting. So we shall see what the final decision is.

In any case, 'we' are not dropping it. This is a public forum of other customers. You will need to call DirecTV (not Direct TV) if you choose to cancel.

Just please remember, the agent you speak with has absolutely no influence on a company decision. So speak to them calmly and politely, avoding yelling at them.

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

But the agent you speak to will not give you an avenue to express your views to anyone at Direct TV who can actually effect the outcome.  It is just a dead end so DTV doesn't have to deal with it

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

If NewsMax is dropped from the lineup of channels I will also cancel my subscription to Direct TV!

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I will also drop Direct TV if NewsMax is dropped from the lineup!!!

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

DirecTV- please don't make me cancel my account because you are planning on deleting Newsmax.  DO NOT CANCEL THE ONLY NEWS STATION I WATCH ON DIRECTV.   I will do it, I promise.

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

DO NOT CANCEL NEWSMAX. WOULD BE A VERY BAD MOVE BY DIRECTV ..... JUST SAYING.

ACE - Expert

• 

20.8K Messages

2 years ago

@MBeeman 

But the agent you speak to will not give you an avenue to express your views to anyone at Direct TV who can actually effect the outcome. 

We customers have no contact with those at the negotiating table. Agents at DirecTV can note your account with the concern (reason for cancelling if you go so far), that can be reviewed by whatever back-end employees review trends. But as for affecting the outcome, that is not up to us.

ACE - Expert

• 

20.8K Messages

2 years ago

@pfox824 

Only you can decide if you cancel or not. Nobody is making you.

DirecTV is not planning on deleting Newsmax. They are in carraige negotiations and they are currently in disagreement on cost. If agreement is not reached by the deadline, then it is up to Newsmax (not DirecTV) if the feed is pulled while they continue. If Newsmax does pull the feed, that is their right. It would be preferred if the channel owner would leave the feed while negotiations continue, but too often these days they play hardball to leverage us customers against the TV provider.

You are making a 'promise' to other customers, not DirecTV. If you want to voice your concern, you call DirecTV and they note your account. Then the info is there when they do any pull of data to check trends. Not a guarantee it will affect negotiations, but it allows you to officially put in your two cents.

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I agree. Get rid of newsmax. I'll get rid of you. DirecTV and I will help promote getting rid of DirecTV to many of my friends 🤣

ACE - Expert

• 

20.8K Messages

2 years ago

Get rid of newsmax. I'll get rid of you.

Call DirecTV and cancel. You cannot do that here as we are just other customers. Though be aware that getting rid of Newsmax is not the situation. They are negotiating renewal of the carriage agreement and they have a disagreement on cost going forward.

DirecTV and I will help promote getting rid of DirecTV to many of my friends

Huh? DirecTV is not promoting that, just you by yourself. And your "many" friends can make their own decisions. You might not be able to live without the channel, but perhaps they have other things more important than TV.

An emoji, or adding in "69" (too often used as childish innuendo) to labling does not change the reality on how this works.

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

No Newsmax, no DirectTv

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

DO NOT DROP NEWSMAX

NEWSMAX IS THE ONLY CHANNEL ON DIRECTV THAT TELLS THE PEOPLE THE TRUTH ABOUT WHAT IS REALLY HAPPENING IN OUR COUNTRY.

ACE - Expert

• 

5.6K Messages

1 year ago

Newsmax offers the same live content free with their streaming app. Why would you pay to receive it?

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

For persons in more rural areas, broad band may be difficult.  It may be a choice of working from home or using bandwidth to stream TV.  Likewise, why would one have DTV if one lived in an urban area where cable and internet are easily available.  So this hits rural areas harder than urban areas.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.