Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

gregoss's profile

• 

1 Message

Thu, Dec 16, 2021 11:32 PM

AT&T DirecTV 50% Off Your Bill for 2 Years Scam

Received an automated call today stating they were AT&T DirecTV and were offering me 50% Off My Bill for 2 Years. They said to call 888-302-3201 if I wished to take advantage of the offer. I called and it was an automated system asking me how much I paid on my bill each month, they also ask for your phone number, DirecTV Pass-code and then after waiting for several minutes I was connected to a foreign speaking agent who again asked for my phone number and pass-code, which I gave to them. He then offered me 50% Off My Bill for 2 Years and all the premium channels if I just paid 10 months in advance. I asked how long the offer was good for and he said the next couple days, I said I wasn't going to do it right now, but I might call back later. I asked for him to send me an email with the offer and he said he would, but never received anything. Then I thought oh crap, I just gave them my phone number and DirecTV Pass-code! I figured it was a Scam and then found all kinds of posts in AT&T Forums about a similar Scam. I called DirecTV directly and explained the issue and changed my pass-code. She also told me there is no such deal. Not sure how the scammer was going to get my money, but I never let it go that far to find out. So just a heads up to AT&T DirecTV Subscribers about these ongoing SCAMS and DirecTV will never call you offering you this kind of deal!!!

ACE - Professor

• 

3 Messages

Il y a 5 m

If you're ever unsure, hang up and call the number yourself...not just for DirecTV, but also for any company you do business with.

BTW: The DirecTV forums have moved and are now at http://forums.directv.com

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Il y a 5 m

Mine was very similar, but the phone number was 833-313-2347, they answered ATT Directv and asked for my personal code.  They were able to secure my billing amount and change services on my account.  I call the Standard phone number for ATT/Directv and found they could reverse it and change my personal code.  I went the extra step to change my password as well.  They wanted me to get 4 EBAY cards for a total of $720 at Safeway, the number they gave me to call back was 855.595.8511.  They even said I had the services already, but I didn't. So just a heads up to AT&T DirecTV Subscribers

ACE - Professor

• 

3 Messages

Il y a 5 m

DirecTV reps shouldn't be answering the phone as AT&T.

Getting eBay (or any) gift cards is a dead giveaway.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.