Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums

Connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

S

3 Messages

Tuesday, June 25th, 2024 9:17 PM

Billed For Service After Cancellation Date

All,

I had suspended my Direct TV service so I was not being charged while I decided if I wanted to continue service.  I decided that I did not want to continue my service.  I called to permanently cancel my service on May 30th.  Direct TV then reenabled my service from May 30th to June 10th and charged me $70.38 after my service had been cancelled.  Billing support is saying that it is Direct TVs policy to cancel at the end of a billing cycle, but I cancelled the service on May 30th while the account was on hold.  So they prorated charges after the cancellation date and charged me $70 to cancel my account for a date range after I cancelled.  This seems like stealing and should be illegal.  Anybody know what recourse I have here besides trying to talk to somebody competent at Direct TV?

Thanks,

RP

• 

203 Messages

3 months ago

DTV's policy no longer prorates the last bill so you have payed for and receive service till the end of the billing cycle

3 Messages

3 months ago

Okay, but the service was currently suspended at no charge to me.  Shouldn't it stay suspended until the end of the billing cycle instead of being reactivated?

ACE - Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

3 months ago

You can't cancel the account while it is suspended.  There are a few states that require DTV to prorate the final bill, CA being one of them.

3 Messages

3 months ago

Wow.  Okay.  Thanks for the info.  I did not realize that they had to reactivate the account to cancel.  I guess I should have waited until June 10th to make the call to cancel.  This still seems wrong.  It would have been nice for the agent to let me know that fact when I called to cancel a suspended account.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.