Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

C

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, April 14th, 2022 3:22 AM

equipment replacement

I got an email from directv in 2020 asked to replace my old equipment at no cost and there was no word stating about the agreement of any new service contract with directv. When I canceled the service in June 2021, the rep. name Elizabeth [Edited per community guidelines] told me that there is no early termination fee because I don't have any signed contact. However, ATT directv did charge me for the termination fee in the total of $374.24 which I have already paid by autopay. Please let me know why I have to pay for this amount. I have been calling directv many many times to request a refund but no answered as of today. Thanks!

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

2 years ago

Upgrades of equipment come with a 24 month agreement. However, a required MPEG swap of MPEG-2/SD-only equipment to MEPG-4 would not. So it depends what exact order was placed.

Upon the equipment and install being ordered, DirecTV emails an order confirmation detailing what you are getting. Regardless of what the earlier email was offering, the later email is what was actually being ordered. Upon install, you are accepting the order as placed.

Upon cancelling an agent cannot waive the ECF. They can submit a waiver request, but if the order confirmation shows the 24 month agreement as showing an upgrade, that request historically is denied as the agreement would be valid.

As this is a public forum of other customers, we cannot look at your account or order. If over the phone verifies it is valid, your remaining option would be a BBB complaint to get a 2nd look from corporate. Also, never post your account number or anybody's identifying info in a public space.

ACE - Expert

• 

19.7K Messages

2 years ago

If you got the MPEG2 swap there was no new 2yr contract but if you got a upgrade there is a new 2yr contract.  You need to check the email DTV sent you before the work was done.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.