Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

S

• 

1 Message

Thu, Nov 25, 2021 12:31 PM

How to load Paramount+ on TV - can not find on TV where to go to load

I have an old Pioneer TV.  I have my internet connected.  I can get the apps that was set on the tv., Pandora, music and etc.  I can not figure out where to go to load the app to watch Paramount+. Direct TV said I can get Paramount+ with the package I pay for just load the app.  Can not figure this out.  any assistance would be greatly appreciated

thank you!

Accepted Solution

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

506 Messages

2 d ago

Do not be confused between:

• Paramount Network
  • Paramount Streaming App
  • Paramount+ Premium Streaming service

DIRECTV has Paramount Network, a regular old channel, on channel 241.  Yes, you can get that on a package.  And this is undoubtedly what the DIRECTV person intended to convey.

The Paramount Streaming App can be downloaded to cell phones, most streaming devices, and possibly some Smart TVs.  Apparently not yours.  You'll need to get a streaming device (e.g. Fire TV Stick, Roku, Chromecast, Apple TV, etc.) and connect it to an HDMI port on your TV and download the Paramount Streaming App to that so you can run that app.  There is a little free to watch content on the Paramount App.

Paramount+ is a premium streaming service that you have to pay an additional monthly fee for.  As far as I know, no TV provider (such as DIRECTV, Dish, Xfinity, etc.) includes Paramount+ in any of its package deals.  If you pay for it, then you can watch Paramount+ content in the App.

(edited)

teetertotter

ACE - Teacher

• 

233 Messages

2 d ago

I might suggest this Roku device with all the apps, plus you can add more yourself:  Roku Express | HD streaming. Low cost. | Buy now at Roku.com | Roku

This particular one has great range to your modem/router, and is the one I have.  You won't have to worry about signal loss/interruptions.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.