Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

B

• 

1 Message

Wed, Aug 18, 2021 4:44 PM

trying to understand this collection on my credit report

i have a collection showing that i owe money. yet ive never had an account with at&T nor direct tv please help in directing me where to look/go i feel that every avenue ive tried leads to a dead end or needing an acount number and files of the bill which i dont have access to ive gott an email address to contact which ended up not work getting a message back telling me the adress couldnt be found. its getting furstratiing tying to find anything uselful so im coming here for advise 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Constructive

Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

4 m ago

unfortunately you need to deal with the collection agency and the credit reporting agency and dispute it with both of them. at&t/directv cannot help you at this point

ACE - Expert

• 

268 Messages

4 m ago

It sounds like your identity has been stolen.

I was just talking to a friend who had her identity stolen years ago and is still dealing with erroneous accounts opened using her name and collections that they're trying to collect.  The latest was for a utility in a town 1,000 miles away.

If this was reported by a collection agency, then you'll need to deal with the collection agency.  You can dispute items on your credit report and it will be noted.  Google for that information. 

Also, you can have your credit report flagged to alert companies who might try to run a credit report.

(edited)

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.