Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

R

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, October 9th, 2021 7:42 PM

Unable to sign into the Direct TV app despite being able to sign in with a browser

I am not able to sign into the direct tv app. I keep receiving a message which states “invalid ID or password. Please enter a valid ID/ or password. ]201]. I am entering the correct ID and password. When I use the ID and password to sign into my account using the browser; I am able to sign in successfully. I have spent over an hour on the phone with direct tv which resulted in no change. 

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

ME TOO!!!!  If I get a fix I will post however I am not hopeful!  This is maddening!  I am tempted to cancel and take the hit!!!

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

3 years ago

First of all make sure you are using the DirecTV app and not DIRECTV STREAM. Just mentioning as the recent rebrand of the streaming-only service is causing a lot of confusion (again, just like the original name DIRECTV NOW)).

Delete app, clear cache, verify updates of OS (and possibly any other apps you may have in case they interfere), reboot phone and reinstall the DirecTV app. Make sure you are not attempting any kind of casting to TV or other similar option as it is not allowed.

@chinner120 

DirecTV is service by satellite. Streaming perks are secondary, not the focus of the service. If streaming options are so important that it tempts you to cancel then you probably should and go with a streaming provider instead as that would be focused for what you want.

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

@chinner120  

I 💯% understand your frustration. If I am paying for a service I should be able to enjoy and be able to access all aspects of that service. This issue did not arise for me until I upgraded my cellular device. After over a week of trying to figure it out………I just figured it out!!!!

In my phone settings the TV provider was set as Hulu. I changed the TV Provider to directv and then signed in. This worked for me so I hope it works for you also. 

The TV provider was not a problem while I was using my previous phone so I’m thinking it’s the  updated IOS. 

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

On an iPhone under settings under TV provider you have to change it to DIRECTV stream. I switched from DIRECTV satellite to DIRECTV stream and could not login until I made that change in my iPhone settings. Once that change was made then the air works perfectly. I don’t know why support wouldn’t tell me that. So simple

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

Also on that last post one more thing;   it showed under my settings that I was logged into DIRECTV but there are two separate choices for DIRECTV and DIRECTV stream so I had to logout of DIRECTV and log into DIRECTV stream under the iPhone settings

ACE - Sage

• 

45.6K Messages

2 years ago

@Rickshred 's advice only applies if you subscribe to DirecTV Stream streaming service. There are two different smartphone/tablet apps .... one for DirecTV Satellite and one for DirecTV Stream. 

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

2 years ago

DirecTV - Satellite service. App is for on mobile device (smart phone or tablet) only. Does not allow streaming to TV as it is for a single residence, and you pay for each authorized TV. Some networks on their own individual apps let you stream on a TV (after verifying your current provider), but the DirecTV app is not for TV viewing.

DIRECTV STREAM - This is a streaming only service. The app is built for streaming to TV as that is the delivery method in the first place. App on smart TV (Samsung TV app option is sub-standard compared to others), streaming box (Roku, etc.), or the box made by DIRECTV STREAM itself.

Do not mix DirecTV and DIRECTV STREAM as they are 2 different services. Satellite TV is not internet streaming so don't expect it to be.

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

Let me be clear, I was on Directv's dish service, then switched to stream.  Then I tried to login to the DTV stream app, but it wouldn't accept my login and password.  It wasn't until I went to settings, and changed my tv provider from Directv to Directv stream in my iphone settings.  then, and only then could I login to the DTV stream App. on my phone.  Until that point, the DTV stream app said I had the wrong username/password.  Which I didn't.  But that's the reality for those that get stuck like I did.  

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Thank you Rickshred.  The solution you posted got my iPad connected with no further issues.

• 

11 Messages

2 years ago

I ordered DIRECTV stream and can access on iPhone and iPad, but could not log into app on roku tv or through their box for non smart tv’s. After hours on phone with customer service still no solution, they says it’s a software issue and I’ll just have to wait until they fix! They sent an att technician and of course not same company anymore so he couldn’t help either. If not working soon we will be canceling and letting the world know not to waste their time! We had U-verse for years with no issues…

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

2 years ago

@Lorenho 

This is the DirecTV forum (satellite service). DIRECTV STREAM is a separate provider under the AT&T umbrella. Follow the links at the top to go into the correct forum.

(edited)

• 

11 Messages

2 years ago

Juniper , 

then why are their so many stream questions and answers here…by the way according to the ATT technician yesterday, DIRECTV stream is under DIRECTV NOT ATT. Have comfirmed with att ……

ACE - Sage

• 

45.6K Messages

2 years ago

AT&T still owns 70% of DirecTV, which includes both DirecTV Satellite and DirecTV Stream. 

• 

11 Messages

2 years ago

Att technicians do not support dtv stream. Customerservice says they don’t have technical support to send out for stream!!! Then they say they have a known software issue on their end for new users…don’t known when resolved!

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

2 years ago

@Lorenho 

AT&T still owns DirecTV. They have a new co-owner. AT&T still retains 70% ownership. So even though the satellite and streaming-only services now have a margin of separation with some updated management, they are still under the AT&T umbrella.

This is the forum for DirecTV satellite. The DIRECTV STREAM service has their own section in the forum. The problem is AT&T chose a similar name for the streaming service, so people mistakenly go into the wrong section since they don't know the difference.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.