Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums

The DIRECTV Community Forums website will have an upcoming maintenance window from 10/21 to 10/22. Thank you for your patience during this time.

gsmart1's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, September 20th, 2011 3:14 AM

Connecting DVR to wireless bridge

I was told by a Directtv customer service person to "go buy a $20 wireless adapter" to get to my Directv on demand shows.  That didn't work so I called again and was told I could purchase Directv's proprietary one or two different Lynksys adapters.  I went to Fry's Electronics and was told that it wasn't necessary to get a Lynksys but that I just needed a wireless bridge.  Soooo, I've got that attached.  The network setup states that I am connected to the internet.  However, I still cannot get the on demand shows to work.  It has been over 24 hours.  What do I need to do now?!?

Expert

• 

32K Messages

13 years ago

Quote: Originally Posted by gsmart1 

, I still cannot get the on demand shows to work.  

what exact problems are you having?

Expert

• 

20.7K Messages

13 years ago

Quote: Originally Posted by gsmart1 

Soooo, I've got that attached.  The network setup states that I am connected to the internet. 

Configuring a wireless adapter is a two step process.  Step one is configuring the adapter so that it connects to the router and includes entering the network name (SSID) and the security code (password).  Step two involves connecting the HD DVR to the adapter and configuring the DVR to connect to the Directv server.

You can check that you are in fact connected thus:  Press and hold the info button on the DVR's remote, then select more system info.  Scroll down to check the status of the Internet.  If it states connected open the Guide and select channel 1239.  If it opens, select a music concert and see if will download.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

13 years ago

I went to check status and I do show connected.  I still cannot download any music or on demand show.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

13 years ago

My system shows that I am connected to the internet.  However, it has been over 24 hours (48) and I am not getting an option to download when I go to music or movie.  I just get a view upcoming, record, etc.

Expert

• 

20.7K Messages

13 years ago

Press the "record" option on one of the concerts from the 1239 channel.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.