Please pardon our dust while we are making some changes to our DIRECTV Community Forum. Starting Thur. 10/06, this site will be read-only until changes are completed on Fri. 10/07. Thank you for your patience.

P

• 

5 Messages

Fri, Aug 13, 2021 6:13 PM

Direct TV satellite installed on my property with out my approval or ordering of any Direct TV service. How do I get this equip removed?

How do I have a Direct TV satellite removed from my property that was not ordered by me?  I have had COX as my provider since 2013.

I have received no support through customer service.  The say they are not able to assist me because I do not have an acct.

ACE - Expert

• 

277 Messages

1 عام مضت

How did a satellite dish get installed and you didn't notice?

Constructive

Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

1 عام مضت

theres gotta be more to this story, something isnt adding up regardless if it was installed you own the dish and have to remove it yourself 

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

743 Messages

1 عام مضت

Tenant ordered it perhaps?

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

81 Messages

1 عام مضت

Yeah. I was thinking the same thing that @JefferMC was thinking. Or, the OP moved into a house that already had an antenna installed by a previous owner. If not, I can't see the antenna being installed by itself without the rest of the installation taking place (cables, receiver, etc).

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

277 Messages

1 عام مضت

I gotta make a "One and done" meme.

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

743 Messages

1 عام مضت

Don't you think?

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

277 Messages

1 عام مضت

• 

5 Messages

1 عام مضت

The property is a townhome used as a vacation home, and vacant for extended periods of time. No tenant, and the satellite was not there when I purchased the unit.

Does anyone have supportive feedback to have Direct TV remove the satellite?

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

16.8K Messages

1 عام مضت

DTV will not remove the dish never has, upon install it becomes the home owners property to remove.  DTV doesn't just run around installing dishes someone placed an order for service.

ACE - Expert

• 

277 Messages

1 عام مضت

.....the satellite was not there when I purchased the unit.

So the dish was installed AFTER your purchase???  I can't see how that would happen since there has to be someone in the home to consent to the install.  They don't install the dish without the service.

Either way, like @shannon02 said, DirecTV does not remove dishes.  You'll need to find a carpenter or handyman to do it.

(edited)

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

81 Messages

1 عام مضت

Is it just an antenna with no cabling going into the townhome? And yes, @shannon02 is correct. Once the dish is installed it is the property of the homeowner and their responsibility to get it removed how ever they choose to do so.

Is there another townhome next to it? Maybe it was installed on your roof by accident.

• 

5 Messages

1 عام مضت

No it is not connected, there is a cord hanging. I do believe it was installed by mistake.

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

81 Messages

1 عام مضت

Is there another townhome next to it? If so, could you check with the owner to see if they ordered DTV? If so, they would have an account and could call DTV and notify them of the mistake.

• 

5 Messages

1 عام مضت

@skeeterintexas stranger things have occurred.  

In speaking with DTV the notion was the satellite may have been placed at my unit for better reception of another customer.  I did explain to them that the satellite is not connected, e.g., a hanging cord. Again, I do believe this satellite was mistakenly installed and meant for another adjacent unit.

There are 3 units to each building, from what I noticed one of the other units in my building has DTV, I'm unsure about the other unit connected to my building. 

I refuse to pay for something I had no part in. My plan is to have the cord cut and leave the satellite (eye sore) attached.

Thank you to those that offered solution focused feedback.

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

16.8K Messages

1 عام مضت

You don't have an account with DTV so how are they going to charge you?

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.