Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

P

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, November 22nd, 2022 11:49 PM

Free Equipment Upgrade

I was scheduled today for the free equipment upgrade (HD) and they never showed. I called and was told I would receive a phone call from the installer w|i 30 minutes. Never got the call. Called again and was told he would be here, just running behind. Nothing. I have been a customer for over 10 years and was lied to twice by customer service.  What happens if I don’t get the upgrade and who can possibly help since I’m not interested in talking to your customer service ?

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

17.4K Messages

2 months ago

CSRs have no contact with the techs.  As with all companies DTV is still understaffed.   If you don't reschedule the appointment then you will no longer be able to get DTV as they are shutting down the MPEG2 channels that it appears you are getting.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.6K Messages

2 months ago

@Pajosama112222 

It is quite possible that customer service did not lie to you. They can only go by what information is put on the appointmnet by the tech (or perhaps the dispatch that oversees them). The agents over the phone have no personal interaction with the techs, might not even be in the same State.

You mention HD "upgrade". If that is how the order was placed, then you are increasing your bill and getting a 24 month service agreement. As DirecTV is shutting down their MPEG-2/SD-only feeds, there is a complimentary MPEG swap as is required to continue using the service. The swap means no new agreement and the $10 HD service (if you don't already have it) is credited each month (indefinitely, no known hard end date on that promo). I would review the order confirmation to be sure. Also, what are the models of each box you have? Just to be sure you are getting the right order for you personally.

This is not 'our' customer service any more than it is yours. We are customers like you. Many of us from our experience can give guidance. But for official support you must call. Otherwise if you refuse to talk to them then you accept going without service once the shutdown reaches you.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.