Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums

Connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

MillsyTheKiwi's profile

• 

3 Messages

Friday, February 24th, 2023 10:28 AM

Gemini Apps not recognizing home network

I have received two Gemini sets; one replaced the other.  Both have exhibited the same issue, and no one, not the field techs or DirecTV, can solve my issue.  The box works fine when watching DirecTV, but when I try and use an app, none of them can access my wireless network to stream.  I have a Ruku device sitting right next to the Gemini, and it works fine.  I have great signal strength at the receiver's location.

When I called DirecTV tech support, I was given the same old "there is an outage with no resulting timescale" brush-off.  According to the field tech I spoke to, they have been not been trained on the Gememni as it does not officially launch for several weeks.

Why did DirecTV offer the box to me, free of charge, if it does not do the one thing I wanted, i.e. stream apps so that I can remove the Roku and simplify the TV setup?  Is there a firmware/software update pending?  I have been a DirecTV customer for decades, and this is garbage.

ACE - Professor

• 

2K Messages

2 years ago

Would it possible for you to test using a lan cable (TEMP) Connected to your router/Switch Lan port? meaning get lan cable long enough to reach your Router/switch.

The Unit is New in field and that why support is limited at this time. Does it find your wireless home internet network? 

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

My router is over 30 feet from the Gemini in a different room, so it would be impossible to connect them.

I would have expected that given the millions of dollars that DirecTV make each year that they would have put enough money into R&D to release products that live up to the specifications they place on their website.  I would also expect them to put enough money into training so that their field techs know how to repair these boxes rather than use their phones to go to Google and this forum to try and find answers.

Finally, when I call customer support specifically to support Gemini, I don't immediately go to the part of their decision/response tree that tells them to state that there is "...an unexpected outage" with "no timeline for repair."

Just say it doesn't do what it is supposed to do.  Just say this release of the product into the marketplace to beta test the box.

I would not be as angry as I am if I were told the truth.

ACE - Professor

• 

2K Messages

2 years ago

Home Depot or Lowes or Wal-Mart Have 50' to 100" of cat 5 Lan cable --just get one and lay it out on the floor TEMPORARY to see if it will connect --if it does then your Issue is with your WIFI

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Why would I pay $35 for a network cable I will use once to prove something that DirecTV or their field techs could provide?  Sorry, I am not a beta test site for DirecTV hardware.

Every other wireless device in my home connects to my wifi without issue.

(edited)

ACE - Professor

• 

2K Messages

2 years ago

You could use your service you're not getting until your issue is resolved --if not enjoy your wait 

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.