Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums

Connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

R

13 Messages

Saturday, September 23rd, 2023 8:35 PM

Gemini Receivers Showing Not Connected to my WFI — result code 392

I have a HS-17 DVR with 4 Gemini receivers with each saying that the Wi-Fi is not connected to my WIFi.  I tried practically everything.  Rebooting my router, resetting my Directv equipment …. All trouble shooting instructions, etc., to no avail.  I still can stream all of the apps with no problem.  All of my other wireless devices are connected and working fine.   IPhones, iPads, Ring doorbell.  

ACE - Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

1 year ago

DTV doesn't use your home WiFi, the HS17 sets up it own network with the Gemini that only DTV clients can use.

• 

513 Messages

1 year ago

I had the same issue. I was blocking a bunch of web sites that the DTV equipment was accessing.

So, first go to your Gemini, and the settings menu.

Then select "system info and test"

go into the "this device info" menu.

you should see something like this:  (my own comments are in parens)

“This Device Info” menu

(no header)

Client: Directv C71KW-400

Client location name: Gemini family room

Client software: release-r-wnc-0x1966-8 23/08/30 11:23:04 ( was release-r-wnc-0x1966-7 23/08/01 14:44:44 (has different time)

Internal temp: 143.6 F (good to check)

Client Video Network

Connection type: Wireless

Connection status: Connected

AP MAC address: 78:67:0E:9C:F6:37 (this is Gemini wifi MAC, stupidly called AP, it’s NOT an Access Point)

AP Signal Strength Excellent (this and below don’t mean a lot, because it may be receiving from multiple devices)

AP Historical RSSI Min Excellent

AP Historical RSSI Max Excellent

AP Historical RSSI Average Excellent

Disconnections: 4 (good thing to monitor)'

so you should see the 2 I have made in big text...

If you don't see that, then either the wifi in your Gemini, or the Genie 2 is bad, or you have them too far apart.

What shows on yours?

Greg

1 Message

1 year ago

How do you access your Gemini setting.? 

• 

513 Messages

1 year ago

the home button... brings up a menu.... bottom choice is settings... brings up a number of boxes, top left is "info and test"

13 Messages

1 year ago

Yes, thank you.   Directv made an update and the problem was resolved.

13 Messages

1 year ago

Well too good to be true.  I lost power yesterday and when power was restored the same problem came back.   Says unable to connect to the internet.  I have been a customer of DirecTv for over 20 years.  Never had some many problems since I switched to Gemini.  

• 

513 Messages

1 year ago

Yep,mine rebooted twice yesterday.

Can you try using an Ethernet cable temporarily?

Is there a possibility the signal strength from your wifi is not strong enough? (you can download apps on your cell phone to check signal strength)

by the way, this topic is marked "accepted solution"...what the heck? still broke!! A little too fast on "it's fixed" trigger!

(edited)

13 Messages

1 year ago

I have 4 receivers with the problem with no way to connect via Ethernet.  Checked speed of internet and more than sufficient to connect.  All my other devices are connected with no problem.  Some much farther than the receivers.

4 Messages

10 months ago

I have the same issue. Except I’m connected to Ethernet and it still doesn’t work. Is there anything that resolves this issue? Is it a hardware or update thing? Tech support ultimately wanted to send me a new receiver after all the typical basic steps I’ve done a hundred times didn’t work again while chatting with them. Shocker. But I don’t want to lose all of my DVR content if there’s a simpler way. 

ACE - Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

10 months ago

The Gemini is a client with no hard drive or tuner replacing it doesn't lose anything only replacing a Genie loses programs.

4 Messages

10 months ago

The genie is what they want to replace. I’ve seen a handful of others posting about what sounds like the same exact issue on different forums. I just haven’t seen one with an actual resolution. Most just say it suddenly started working again one day. Mines been like this for a few weeks though. 

(edited)

13 Messages

10 months ago

It started working for me again.  Lasted a few weeks.  Then yesterday it went back to its no connection status.

13 Messages

10 months ago

Directv —. Why can’t you fix this problem?  Today it downpoured  and I could not see the football game on the internet as you instructed .  I have been a customer for about 25 years and this the first time I am thing about seeking out alternatives.

ACE - Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

10 months ago

It is the HS17 that supplies internet to all DTV receivers.

13 Messages

10 months ago

I know.  That makes it so frustrating.  I had the HS17 for years with no problem.  

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.