Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

bceltman's profile

Tutor

• 

19 Messages

Tuesday, January 3rd, 2023 7:32 PM

Gemini remote

Can I use 2 Gemini remotes for one Gemini receiver in the same room? One for me and one for my wife.

Accepted Solution

Tutor

• 

19 Messages

1 year ago

They actually sent me 3 Gemini receivers instead of 2 so I have an extra remote. I was able to pair it and both remotes work on this one Gemini.

ACE - New Member

• 

5.1K Messages

1 year ago

Are you referring to the new Gemini receiver or just an ordinary Genie mini client? Please confirm the model number of the receiver and model numbers of the remotes.

To answer your question, if you do happen to have the new Gemini boxes, most of us have not had the opportunity to test those or even mess with them just yet.

If someone else from the Forums who has messed with a Gemini and knows the answer to your question can jump in, please do.

(edited)

ACE - New Member

• 

5.1K Messages

1 year ago

Also, if you don’t mind, could you attach a few pictures of the Gemini device itself as well as the remote? I’d be interested to see what they look like, connectivity, etc.

Contributor

• 

173 Messages

1 year ago

My understanding is Gemini uses the same , C71KW box and remote that is used for Stream. Idk if more than one remote can be paired with it, someone more familiar with the streaming side would need to answer that. But I have heard even a regular DirecTV remote would work in IR mode.

Contributor

• 

173 Messages

1 year ago

https://www.directv.com/support/satellite/article/KM1498132/

Tutor

• 

19 Messages

1 year ago

I am receiving the new Gemini receiver tomorrow 1/4. I will put in some pictures after I get the delivery.

Tutor

• 

19 Messages

1 year ago

Here are some photos.

Contributor

• 

173 Messages

1 year ago

Any issues setting it up and getting it connected?

Tutor

• 

19 Messages

1 year ago

I have not started yet. Delivery was delayed until yesterday afternoon so I am going to install this afternoon. Installation is just connecting the cables and I was given a number at tech support to have new software installed.

Tutor

• 

19 Messages

1 year ago

It was not as quick to set up as the literature says but it was okay and working well. I will deal with the more advanced features tomorrow.

ACE - New Member

• 

5.1K Messages

1 year ago

Glad it ended up working out. Enjoy!

ACE - New Member

• 

1.3K Messages

1 year ago

Thank you for the pics. Since this is the same box used for streaming you can tell by the model number C71KW-400 that it is the same box as the Osprey Streaming Box you should be able to connect 2 remotes to this box unless they gave it the capability to connect more which I doubt.  Hope this helps.

Tutor

• 

19 Messages

1 year ago

I have 2 connected

• 

45 Messages

1 year ago

Will the Gemini Remote control the volume on a separate receiver?

• 

6 Messages

1 year ago

Does anyone here know if you change your DVR do you lose any recorded programming ?

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.